How do you guys make your backups?

I've been using easus todo backup for ages but its not been quite fulfulling the task recently.

I was wondering if anyone else knew of a free (or cheapish one-time purchase) program to backup and compress my OS drive to a NAS. All the ones I've seen are either pay per year or made for windows XP.

Thanks!

Hi.

I have a random pc pull incremental backups off of my computer. I use goodsync for it as I just have a license for that. Then that gets backed up to the cloud too. Locally it mirrors to a second 6tb drive (main is 4) but not in raid 1 just regular old copying over via goodsync too but with file history on.

Other than that nothing really.

As for software you could use the free version of veeam backup good reliable software. Or ya know just the built in windows one.

I have used Macrium Reflect for years for my backups and it has worked flawlessly. I have restored from bare metal several times due to disk failures, upgrades, etc. I only use the free version and as such am limited to differential backups as opposed to incrementals that are available in the  paid version. 

Here's a link to the free version -

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree?mo#

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".