SG05 & a Ryzen 9 5900X, cooling?

Edward78

I won't overclock, just putting that in. Anyway, any good coolers that will work?

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

For that beefy of a CPU I recommend the Liquid Freezer III, unless you want to go custom loop (IMO the best choice for that class is processors). What case do you have? Can it fit a 360mm (or even 480) AIO?

It's the sg05 a mini itx case but indeed the liquid freezer series would be a good fit here just the 240mm tho as it won't fit otherwise at the top of the case :p.

Keep in mind op a aio ALWAYS has to have the rad above the pump to prevent all kinds of issues ESPECIALLY with the arctic series.

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's the sg05 a mini itx case but indeed the liquid freezer series would be a good fit here just the 240mm tho as it won't fit otherwise at the top of the case :p.

Keep in mind op a aio ALWAYS has to have the rad above the pump to prevent all kinds of issues ESPECIALLY with the arctic series.

I mistyped I meant 5900x, those cases would be better if the psu was laying on its side on the opposite side of the expansion slots. That would be a better way to do all sff cases anyway.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

its either the scythe big shuriken 3 or a 120mm aio with a smaller pump block, your choices are extremely limited. I don't believe arctic's aio will fit. 

I'd ditch the sg05 all together and get a new case. None of the coolers you can fit in there will cool the 5900x adequately without modding. ITX Cases with good airflow are getting cheaper these days anyway.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On 8/30/2021 at 11:01 AM, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

its either the scythe big shuriken 3 or a 120mm aio with a smaller pump block, your choices are extremely limited. I don't believe arctic's aio will fit. 

I'd ditch the sg05 all together and get a new case. None of the coolers you can fit in there will cool the 5900x adequately without modding. ITX Cases with good airflow are getting cheaper these days anyway.

Man, I would love to put the psu on the side in that case laying on it's side, wonder how much protocase would want for doing that?

9 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Man, I would love to put the psu on the side in that case laying on it's side, wonder how much protocase would want for doing that?

No idea, you'll need to get a quote from them. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case