More console related subforums

crakddx
Go to solution Solved by da na,

PCs have so many subforums because of how customizable they are. Consoles are pretty uniform (and also pretty hard to cause problems with) so that's why they are all in one subforum. Console modding should probably go in a status update if it's more of a 'build log' type of thing.

As the title sugests, I think there should be more console related subforumss. In contrast, pc has more than 15 (i think) related topics, whereas conssole only has one (console gaming). I think this should channge. For example, there could be a console modding forum, or a decal forum. Anyone agree?

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

PCs have so many subforums because of how customizable they are. Consoles are pretty uniform (and also pretty hard to cause problems with) so that's why they are all in one subforum. Console modding should probably go in a status update if it's more of a 'build log' type of thing.

@Mel0nMan
Yeahh, you're right. I'm tooo stupid to see that annswer lol.

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

There's not enough content for dedicated sub forums for modding or decals, maybe a pinned topic at most if that even gets enough posts.

There's just not enough yo can do to consoles to split up the forum further

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

theres also the fact that ltt doesnt let people talk about pricy, pricy and modding stands on a fine line.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

There's not as much activity on the Console Gaming forum that would warrant having additional subforums for more specific and niche topics regarding consoles. The Console Gaming forum currently has 63k posts in it, compared to other forums such as the Laptops forum (200k) and Phones & Tablets (250k). If you divide the console gaming forum up then you are splitting the audience up. People interested in Console Modding might not check the more general Console Gaming forum, and vice versa, so you end up with less people interacting with the topics in each. This means less discussion, less replies, taking longer to receive replies, and eventually fewer people post topics there as they see that it isn't active.

22 minutes ago, adarw said:

theres also the fact that ltt doesnt let people talk about pricy, pricy and modding stands on a fine line.

Aesthetic modifications such as modifying the enclosure and painting it would be fine, which I believe is what they were suggesting. You are right though that modding consoles to allow piracy of console games would violate our rules on piracy.

2 hours ago, Mr-G-Man said:

For example, there could be a console modding forum, or a decal forum. Anyone agree?

If you wanted to share a major aesthetics modding project for a console then feel free to document the process of dismantling it, building a custom enclosure, modifying the panels, painting it, etc in a Build Log post. There's no restriction on the Build Log that states it has to be desktop PCs only (though please keep build logs tech related - Console modding would be fine). For example if you did a console mod on your own console like DIY Perk's Building a stealthy PlayStation 5 mod then that would make an interesting build log post.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

What kind of discussions you were after? Talking about hardware not in a gaming sense? Talking about peripherals?

The general rule of new subforums has been that there needs to be discussion first, and lots of it.
Just creating subforum doesn't bring content to it. For example, I would say smart home is much more active subject and doesn't really fit in the current sections.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv