Pc restarts randomly while using, restarts without monitor signal, CPU light and fans are on, CPU led status on

Built my pc 2 years back. Recently facing sudden restart while using the computer. After restart,

- CPU light fans and everything else is on

- No Monitor signal

- After reboot, CPU status led is constantly ON in the MOBO

Few things I tried,

- Tried swapping ram slots, 1 stick at a time. With a single stick ram, the problem occurs after a long period of running, with dual channel it gives me lesser time, with XMP enabled on dual channel it just doesn't boot , just the CPU light fans on, no monitor signal.

- Cleared CMOS battery. didn't solve it.

- made the CPU cooler screw a bit loose, didn't solve

- All temp and voltage while I am using the computer normally seems fine..

I am facing this problem for about a week. However, not sure if this is relevant, just for additional information , I had always encountered this weird problem of "Pc doesn't start immediately after pressing power button, Specially if I don't unplug the pc from wall after using, next time it won't turn ON immediately" this is a bit ghost problem, sometimes I had this issue, sometimes it would just go away, and later come back if someday I forget to unplug cable from the wall after using it and keep it there for a long time of period.  

My specs -

i5 9600k

Gigabyte 9th gen Z390 UD
Corsair 8 GB x 2. DDR-4 3200 Bus Vengeance LPX Ram.
PSU - Cooler Master MWE 650 W

RTX 2060

5 minutes ago, blackbeard_chowdhury said:

made the CPU cooler screw a bit loose, didn't solve

You might be overheating, does your temps spike? as in does it go from 40C to 50C in the span of a second and then back?

1 minute ago, ArdaBarda said:

You might be overheating, does your temps spike? as in does it go from 40C to 50C in the span of a second and then back?

No, temp is fine completely, no spike. 

PSU problem possibly, had the same happen to me with an old rig. Check the PSU cables and push until you hear a click, reseat the GPU while you're at it

1 minute ago, ArdaBarda said:

PSU problem possibly, had the same happen to me with an old rig. Check the PSU cables and push until you hear a click, reseat the GPU while you're at it

ummmm, about the psu cables, i believe they are fine I guess? i don't if they loose or something, will my pc even turn on? I am writing this comment on my pc, using it for 2 hours but I know it will get restart randomly after sometimes without any monitor signal.....every fan lights will be on.

I should make it clear that, say for the first time using of the day, the problem occurs a bit late, then after the reboot problem, I unplug everything and start computer, it runs for sometimes and suddenly restarts again. This time a bit faster. So more or less it is like this.

1 minute ago, blackbeard_chowdhury said:

ummmm, about the psu cables, i believe they are fine I guess? i don't if they loose or something, will my pc even turn on? I am writing this comment on my pc, using it for 2 hours but I know it will get restart randomly after sometimes without any monitor signal.....every fan lights will be on.

I should make it clear that, say for the first time using of the day, the problem occurs a bit late, then after the reboot problem, I unplug everything and start computer, it runs for sometimes and suddenly restarts again. This time a bit faster. So more or less it is like this.

If the cable isn't seated in there 100% It's possible, It's probably just the CPU cable. Think of it like the switch for the lights in your room, when you hold the switch right in the middle they flicker because there isn't good contact, but they still turn on.

18 minutes ago, ArdaBarda said:

If the cable isn't seated in there 100% It's possible, It's probably just the CPU cable. Think of it like the switch for the lights in your room, when you hold the switch right in the middle they flicker because there isn't good contact, but they still turn on.

I reconnected and same issue persists. well, if I run on XMP enable 3200 Mhz, it just just reboots w/o monitor signal from the start. w/o XMP enable, ram running on 2133Mhz, i get some time to use computer although i know suddenly i will get a restart. 

• 2 years later...

Yo just wanna ask did you already solve this problem if yes teach me I'm kinda having the same problem with my pc