How to deactivate windows

sami_adeel_

i have a cracked windows activation and windows cant connect to internet soo i cant get any updates or download things from the windows store any way of helping me with my data getting deleted?

4 minutes ago, sami_adeel_ said:

i have a cracked windows activation and windows cant connect to internet soo i cant get any updates or download things from the windows store any way of helping me with my data getting deleted?

Depends on what method you crack it with, but most of the time youre SOL. Format your boot drive and reinstall with a legit ISO of windows, there is no loss to it either considering that unactivated version only limits you in personalization.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

if i uninstall my current windows and download it again i have to reinstall all the programs/games

again? @SorryClaire

16 minutes ago, sami_adeel_ said:

if i uninstall my current windows and download it again i have to reinstall all the programs/games

again?

There is an option to keep your files during windows installation. But I never tried this option as I'm always freshly installing everything with winget.

31 minutes ago, sami_adeel_ said:

a cracked windows activation

I would honestly invest the ~5$ for an "legit" key from a key-reseller.

Works like one bought for >100$  and you shouldnt need to re-install windows. You should be able to just change the windows key.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte B450M DS3H

GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GAMING OC

G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

28 minutes ago, sami_adeel_ said:

again?

Kinda given, no?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Unless you've done something that modified the OS where it can't swap product keys, you should just be able to do that after acquiring a key.  Right Click the Windows button on the task bar, click system, Click Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows, Click Change product key.  I think that would work anyway...

Thread locked. Our forum rules do not allow assisting in pirating software, including pirating windows. You will need to purchase a legitimate copy of Windows.

• Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450