Fan and fan splitter issues :(

Hey everyone! 

Been having an issue with the fans in the new system I have built. The motherboard (Gigabyte Z390 UD) has 3 fan header. One header has a single Noctua NF--P12 in the rear, the second has three NF--P12 s on a 3way fan splitter at the front. Lastly off the last header there are 2 NF-P14s up top. 

My issue is one of the top NF-P14s stops spinning up top after a minute or two and just sits and trys to spin while the other spins fine. It does spin when plugged into the other splitter at the front  so the fan is good. I have tried two different fan splitters,  am wondering if I am missing something with the amps on the motherboard or something along those lines 

Maybe if the control in BIOS is set wrong.

If it is a 3 pin fan, you need to select DC in BIOS

If it is a 4 pin fan, you need to select PWN in BIOS.

If it is set to auto and gets it wrong, what you are experiencing, could be the result.

Maybe you're just at the lower spinning limit for that fan ? hence increase the minimum speed

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Well @The89Lunderthat's a good point, the fans I'm having trouble with are 3 pin fans split off a 4 pin header. And every other fan in the system is a 4 pin so I'll have to check in the bios. 

Hey everyone! So it turns out it was the fan, I tried another Noctua NF-P14 and everything seems to be good! 

Thank you for all the help everyone!