red light on my motherboard

MatthijsRoothans

hi! So im having this for a while now and im starting to get annoyed about this problem. So my pc works perfectly fine. Im a person who likes to play big games like flight simulators, now when i play those big games and i get in an area that requires alot of peformance a red light pops up on my motherboard, also the game/sim will start to get a little laggy. Very annoying :/ 

Is there someone that knows why this happens and if there is a way to prevent/fix this problem?  Thanks in advance!

my specs:

I7 10700K

RTX 2070 super

32Gb ram

motherboard: rog strix z490-h gaming

games i have this problem alot with are games like fortnite, days gone or prepared3d (mostly cpu based games) so i think it has something to do with the cpu.

image0 (1).jpg

There are LEDs there to indicate an error.  Look up Q-LEDS in your manual.  I think red is for CPU error.  

Are you monitoring temps and CPU performance while playing?

What kind of CPU cooler do you have installed?  If the last GPU temp you posted is correct, it would appear that case airflow is not an issue and you have some problem with the CPU cooler.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

1 hour ago, MatthijsRoothans said:

its a 30 bucks coolermaster

This could be the issue.  I would start the system monitor, play the game, or run the application that causes the issue, and then check the CPU speed.  If the temp is spiking and the CPU speed is being throttled because of it, you have probably just found the issue.

Time for a reinstall of the cooler, and possibly a replacement.