Screen advice for reading.

Vordreller

I'm looking for a good reading experience, while not getting a dedicated reading tablet.... I don't even know what those are called.

Basically I want to have a bigger screen than my regular smartphone to read books, and have the best screen for that.

On Android.

I'm kinda trying to avoid this being purchase advice, but if anyone knows a good device, feel free to share.

But really I'm just asking for the best kind of screen for reading.

e-Ink by a mile. Nothing else comes close. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

If you want great contrast, e-ink is the way to go. If you want reading in the bright sunlight well, e-ink may not be the best option.

E-ink

if you want a device recommendation, without going super high end, Kobo Libra H2o or Clara

D23919A9-34B4-44EA-853E-46BDEA213C9C.thumb.jpeg.735af38dab355ac12f1a2e857970c8ee.jpeg

Kobo Clara is like 110$ new and it’s a fantastic e-reader 

On 8/23/2021 at 7:03 AM, Vordreller said:

So, suppose I have this as a PDF https://www.amazon.com/UNIX-Linux-System-Administration-Handbook/dp/0134277554

How would that work? Would I need to get is at epub? Or something else?

Because I do genuinely want it to also be a tablet I can do regular Android stuff on as well.

It comes down to this. If you want something easy on the eyeballs then E-Ink, and your probably not going to find an Android tablet with that type of display and the display is not really good for anything but reading anyway. I myself have a Kindle Paper white. Its very easy on the eyeballs and is good for low lighting condition and even bright lighting conditions. Regular LED screens can and will cause your eye balls some discomfort in long sessions. 

If you want a full fledged Android tablet then there are many to choose from and you can download the Amazon kindle app thru the Google Play Store for any books purchased thru Amazon and are not in an open format. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.