[ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.0] i5 2500K does not have a Turbo Ratio in BIOS - need help with flashing the BIOS

Hello all and kindly thank you for stumbling upon this thread. So here's how it goes. I installed two days ago a new HDD, installed Windows 7 on it, everything went well until I checked the BIOS and Turbo Ratio (to enable me to get higher multiplier) is missing!

Before I installed the new HDD and Windows I've reset all my settings to default. I have an 2500K so I can OC it and before on my old HDD had no problems like this, it's weird how it all the sudden decided not to work.

I know, it's an old problem, but after trying various fixes found in other threads on this forum I still was unable to fix it. I've put the latest BIOS, downgraded, reset CMOS, pulled the battery out all night and it still won't work.

Tried this link as well, but cannot find FTK anywhere.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039296628#post1039296628

Tried this link, still doesn't show up

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P8P67&id=20120531121014959&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

It seems I have to reflash the ME and cannot do that just by upgrading the BIOS, the problem is I don't know how to use Intel FPT or flashrom to do so. Can anyone help or have a suggestion?

Thank you for your time,

Hello all and kindly thank you for stumbling upon this thread. So here's how it goes. I installed two days ago a new HDD, installed Windows 7 on it, everything went well until I checked the BIOS and Turbo Ratio (to enable me to get higher multiplier) is missing!

Before I installed the new HDD and Windows I've reset all my settings to default. I have an 2500K so I can OC it and before on my old HDD had no problems like this, it's weird how it all the sudden decided not to work.

I know, it's an old problem, but after trying various fixes found in other threads on this forum I still was unable to fix it. I've put the latest BIOS, downgraded, reset CMOS, pulled the battery out all night and it still won't work.

Tried this link as well, but cannot find FTK anywhere.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039296628#post1039296628

Tried this link, still doesn't show up

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P8P67&id=20120531121014959&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

It seems I have to reflash the ME and cannot do that just by upgrading the BIOS, the problem is I don't know how to use Intel FPT or flashrom to do so. Can anyone help or have a suggestion?

Thank you for your time,

I had the same problem with mine, if you give me a minute I'll write a quickfix.

Here you go, just searched posts I've made for when I posted this:

My board did something similar to my 2600k, it hid all the overclocking options and the integrated video wasn't detected.

It turned out my Intel ME (management interface) had corrupted.

This is by no means a guarantee for a fix but for me it worked. No idea if it's motherboard vendor/chipset specific but here it is:

To repair you'll need FTK and FD44Editor.

You'll then need a DOS USB, use Rufus with pre-bundled FreeDOS

Then drag contents of FTK to root of that USB, boot to it and type in "backup". It will make a dump of your BIOS.

Now in Windows you need to use FD44 editor, open a downloaded BIOS for your board + the one you backed up.

Now with your Backup BIOS you will see Data values (MAC, DTS, System UUID, S/N ETC) copy these values to the fresh downloaded one.

Now save this fresh BIOS to BIOS.bin, copy and paste it to the root of your USB.

Boot back into freeDOS, do the command merefl.

It should flash. Now turn off the board, unplug power and pull battery for 15 mins.

Boot back up and hopefully it works.

Hope it helps.

• 3 years later...
On 4/8/2014 at 2:34 AM, harrynowl said:

Here you go, just searched posts I've made for when I posted this:

"To repair you'll need FTK and FD44Editor.

You'll then need a DOS USB, use Rufus with pre-bundled FreeDOS

Then drag contents of FTK to root of that USB, boot to it and type in "backup". It will make a dump of your BIOS.

Now in Windows you need to use FD44 editor, open a downloaded BIOS for your board + the one you backed up.

Now with your Backup BIOS you will see Data values (MAC, DTS, System UUID, S/N ETC) copy these values to the fresh downloaded one.

Now save this fresh BIOS to BIOS.bin, copy and paste it to the root of your USB.

Boot back into freeDOS, do the command merefl."

Hope it helps.

Mate, you're an absolute lifesaver. My P8P67 (Rev 3.0) board which had been running strong for 6 years decided to corrupt itself and hide the 'turbo multiplier' and a couple of other options yesterday while I was playing around in BIOS.

Not only would it no longer overclock my i5 2500k (which usually runs at a flawless 4.6GhZ 24/7), any attempts to load earlier saved BIOS configs resulted in failure to POST that either needed me to press the physical MEM_OK button on the mobo while the LED was red, or use the jumper to reset the CMOS. Though despite trying to 'reset' everything, my saved BIOS profiles remained.. It seems that in that 'persistent' data is where the error resided.

Anyway, using FTK and FD44Editor worked a treat.

The links I downloaded the software from are:

https://github.com/LongSoft/FTK/releases/tag/0.12.0  (The FTK8 folder had the version that worked on my system)

https://github.com/LongSoft/FD44Editor/releases

The instructions are spot on - though one issue I had with FD44Editor is that I could only seem to save the modified bios over the top of an existing file - which needed to be in the same folder as the FD44Editor executable itself. No matter what file name I gave it or which folder I browsed to in the "save as" dialog, it would never create a new file.. The trick was to first place a 'sacrificial' file in the folder and simply overwrite it :P (I did check that the 'date modified' updated - it had done something finally!). I then renamed the file to BIOS.bin to complete the process.

This bug(?) might've been an issue specific to my PC or Windows 10 permissions.. who knows.)

• 5 months later...

hey I have the same issue same chipset on an asus p8p67 board and i5 2500k. however when I try to make the back by booting from the boot drive I got an error saying fpt cannot run on this product please contact vender error 201

please help

• 4 years later...

I just wanted to post here, 5years later, you guys saved my life! I've been dealing with Bios issue on my P8P67 pro with I7 2600k for the past 5 months (yes, I know I'm running an old build by now...) Mobo only showed half of ram (but still saw all ram on SPD info), couldn't fine turbo ratio option, setting XMP profile wouldn't work. Tried reseating ram, reseating CPU, changing RAM slots, testing every ram stick alone and they all worked, tested every RAM slot and they all worked... couldn't figure it out!!!

But this thread saved me! Worked like a charm! 

Just wanted to add on the point 

You'll then need a DOS USB, use Rufus with pre-bundled FreeDOS

You'll need to go on this page to download ME system tools (V8 worked for me for my P8P67 pro) and copy the FPT, MEInfo and FwUpdLcl utilities in the root folder of the usb stick. It took me a couple of minutes to figure that out after getting "Command not found - 'FPT'" when running BACKUP the backup command. It's clearly writen in the Github read me of the FTK page. 

CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-2600K @ 4GHz | RAM - Corsair 4x8GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 

MOBO - ASUS P8P67 PRO | GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

CASE - Carbide Series™ 500R White Mid-Tower Case | PSU - Cougar CMX 805w 80+ Bronze

COOLER - Hydro Series™ H100i Extreme Performance

I used afuwin to flash mine. My P8Z77-V did the same thing. This board is giving you a warning, right now it’s your multi, but your sata ports should soon disappear, like mine did. No amount of flashing brought them back. I was using a 3770K on mine.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14