MSI B550M PRO

J2uK

I bought an MSI B550m Pro a month ago and waited until my Ryzen 5600g arrived to power it up. the board has no i/o power (usb, HDMI, Display port, all dead) but the debug led says the board is fine. I bought it off amazon and my return window ended the day after the 5600g arrived. Do I try to talk to MSI to RMA the board or should I try finding a 3000 series CPU? Please help this is my first build.

5 minutes ago, J2uK said:

I bought an MSI B550m Pro a month ago and waited until my Ryzen 5600g arrived to power it up. the board has no i/o power (usb, HDMI, Display port, all dead) but the debug led says the board is fine. I bought it off amazon and my return window ended the day after the 5600g arrived. Do I try to talk to MSI to RMA the board or should I try finding a 3000 series CPU? Please help this is my first build.

Try updating the bios.

The first time you boot it can take up to 1-2 minutes for the motherboard and bios to initialize, but usually around 20-30 seconds.

If you turned it off every time due to impatience, you can be fooled.

Also, unfortunately this particular model doesn't have bios flash through usb, which would have allowed you to insert a usb stick with the latest bios and press a button and update the bios without even having a cpu installed.

It could be you simply have an older bios version that doesn't support the 5xxxg processors.

5600g support was added with bios 7D14v25.zip  which was made available for download on the 1st of July this year, so less than 2 months ago. Could be the board is older than 2 months.

So an option would be to find an older cpu and update the bios with that cpu, then go back to your 5600g.  Or, return the 5600g and get something else, and a separate video card.