My GPU utilization spikes to 100% for a sec and then freezes my game

Ben31-03-2006

i recently purchased a second hand 2060 ko. When ever i launch a game, ill start playing and then a few minutes later, my gpu will spike to 100% utilization and then the game will crash. Ive tried completely removing the drivers and doing a clean install. Ive tried underclocking and undervolting. I've tried flashing a more up to date vbios onto the card and nothing has worked. im stumped. please help.

system specs

R5 1600 af

EVGA 2060 KO

Asus ROG Strix b450-f Gaming mobo

Seasonic S12III-550 550 wat 80+ bronze powersupply

gskill vengence 16gb 3200mzh 

from what I can see from the info of the tool you are using is that most likely your PSU is the culprit here. it cannot provide enough voltage under load. You might wanna look for a PSU replacement

Just now, Albert F said:

from what I can see from the info of the tool you are using is that most likely your PSU is the culprit here. it cannot provide enough voltage under load. You might wanna look for a PSU replacement

that could be it, but the guy i got the gpu said he was also having issues with it. ill definitely look into it tho

Just now, Ben31-03-2006 said:

that could be it, but the guy i got the gpu said he was also having issues with it. ill definitely look into it tho

it's either the PSU or some power delivery issue on the card's board. You might want to borrow a higher end PSU from a friend and test before buying a new one.