Windows 11 LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i

Psittac

Anyone been able to get this raid card to work on windows 11?  I can't seem to find any drivers that work and when I upgraded to 11 the raid just doesn't show up, device manager says 

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

It worked on win10, any thoughts?

(admins I posted this question in another thread but it looks like that's not an in depth thread so if you have to delete one please delete that one)

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

6 hours ago, Psittac said:

Anyone been able to get this raid card to work on windows 11?  I can't seem to find any drivers that work and when I upgraded to 11 the raid just doesn't show up, device manager says 

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

It worked on win10, any thoughts?

(admins I posted this question in another thread but it looks like that's not an in depth thread so if you have to delete one please delete that one)

Windows 11 still being in development and probably not everything is ready for use. It is also possible that it won't work in 11 as that card is pretty old. 

• 1 month later...

This is your lucky day.  Yes.  There is a driver for the LSI 9260 on the Broadcom Support Website.  The same driver used for Windows 10 dated 12/17/18 works great.

Here's the long link as of 10/13/2021, but it's subject to change.  Copy and paste into your browser, all on one line ==> 

https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search?pg=Legacy+Products&pf=Legacy+RAID+Controllers&pn=MegaRAID+SAS+9260-8i&pa=&po=&dk=&pl=

Here's how to find the driver manually, if you prefer to walk through their website or the link above doesn't work anymore..

1.  Go to www.broadcom.com

2.  Select  Support Documents and Downloads

Group: Legacy Products, 

Family: Legacy RAID Controllers, 

Product: MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i

Hit SEARCH

Select  Driver

Click on MR Windows Driver - 06.714.18.00 to download.

Have a great day.  Rock on Legacy folks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, itswhatido said:

This is your lucky day.  Yes.  There is a driver for the LSI 9260 on the Broadcom Support Website.  The same driver used for Windows 10 dated 12/17/18 works great.

Here's the long link as of 10/13/2021, but it's subject to change.  Copy and paste into your browser, all on one line ==> 

https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search?pg=Legacy+Products&pf=Legacy+RAID+Controllers&pn=MegaRAID+SAS+9260-8i&pa=&po=&dk=&pl=

Here's how to find the driver manually, if you prefer to walk through their website or the link above doesn't work anymore..

1.  Go to www.broadcom.com

2.  Select  Support Documents and Downloads

Group: Legacy Products, 

Family: Legacy RAID Controllers, 

Product: MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i

Hit SEARCH

Select  Driver

Click on MR Windows Driver - 06.714.18.00 to download.

Have a great day.  Rock on Legacy folks!

Dude, you rock.  I was hovering over your link to make sure it wasn't a phishing thing when I continued to read the rest of your post.  Kudo's for giving a manual way to find the driver yourself.  I'll have to look into this. TYVM

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any advice for updating the firmware? I have a card I bought on amazon that shows up as "IBM ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA Controller" and in the reviews people said they just updated the firmware to LSI 9260-8i and it worked fine, but I have been unable to update the driver (using device manager and the driver posted above) or figure out how to update the firmware on it. I am a total newb to using command prompts and CLI to update firmware and youtube hasn't helped. photos from the boot WebUI on the card firmware version etc.

For context, I'm using a windows 11 PC to try and update the firmware, because it's not showing any of the connected drives in my unraid box (using SAS to x4 sata cables).

Any advice is appreciated.

PXL_20220330_195945844.MP.jpg

PXL_20220330_200118684.jpg

ok, I think my problem is that this card cannot be flashed to IT mode, only does RAID mode. 😞

going with a different card now, but thanks anyways for looking! check out Art of the Server on youtube, his channel really helped me out on what card to go with. it's criminally undersubscribed for the knowledge he's dishing out.