Vega 56 low usage and powerstate (clock) in Overwatch

Hello Guys,

i'm new to the forum and only created this account to try figuring out if the behaviour of my Vega 56 is as expected. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600x with 2667MHz dual-channel RAM at CL14. The RAM would theoretically do higher clocks but I found that the lower latency improved frametimes.

My Vega is undervolted to 950mV and set to 1520MHz. The 2nd powerstate however is set to about 1200MHz. Changing the powerstates to identical clocks leads to freezing and crashing of the driver.

I tried this to force higher clockspeeds in Overwatch since my gpu sits around 40-60% usage at 1080p 144Hz. Temps peak at 55°C and CPU-usage at 50-65%.

GPU-clocks sit at power state 2, roughly 1200MHz, which is less than the silicon should be capable of and also leads to a harsh performance hit in Fur-Mark when applied manually. In benchmarks at 1080p the usage is at 100% and hits the highest set clockspeeds.

When I start the game I can hit on average 240-270 FPS with frametimes around 4-5ms. However after some time the frames start dropping down to 200 FPS to as low as 100 FPS with a very noticeable increase of frametimes. Locking FPS to 200 and 180 shows the same behaviour with lower GPU-usage.

Now rendering at 150% of the resolution leads to higher usage, but also shows drops after some playtime. Therefore I figured something has to be wrong about my PC that limits it in some way.

Maybe someone with a Vega or similar experiences can help me.

Also excuse any spelling/grammatical mistakes, I'm a non-native speaker.