Bookmark Comments

SorryBella
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I'm not opposed to it, but it's not a trivial feature to implement (requiring a database table, backend logic, a new front end, and hooks into a few existing front end components), and I don't have any spare capacity at the moment. I will add it to the ideas list, and maybe one day it could happen, but it's not a high priority.

In my opinion, the ability to intuitively bookmark someone's comment would be a good thing. Sometimes, a comment posted something pretty good that i feel that i need to save it but really besides straight up bookmarking it in browser, i dont see any intuitive in-site way to do it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why not bookmark it in the browser?

Because not everyone wants to have their browser stuff synced across their devices, and of course if in-site bookmarking is implemented, i would like to see a preview of the comment too, which would cut time on which thread comments to open.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

6 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Because not everyone wants to have their browser stuff synced across their devices, and of course if in-site bookmarking is implemented, i would like to see a preview of the comment too, which would cut time on which thread comments to open.

You could use the "test posts" section right at the bottom and just copy links to the comments, like so

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

You could use the "test posts" section right at the bottom and just copy links to the comments, like so

That adds a bunch of extra steps to something that would be theoretically simple with a bookmark deature.

elephants

This could be incredibly handy for situations where someone gives you advice to fix your issue which involves rebooting the machine you are on and/or taking it offline. Just bookmark the post and then you can easily pull it up on your mobile or whatever.

Other than that, though, I'm not sure what I'd use it for.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I'm not opposed to it, but it's not a trivial feature to implement (requiring a database table, backend logic, a new front end, and hooks into a few existing front end components), and I don't have any spare capacity at the moment. I will add it to the ideas list, and maybe one day it could happen, but it's not a high priority.

HTTP/2 203