GTA Finally coming to switch?! - GTA trilogy full remaster rumored

Bratstech
43 minutes ago, tikker said:

So are these licenses just for either the physical copy only or just like 10 years (well less, since VC hasn't even been out for 10 years)? Another thing to dislike about this kind of digitial distribution: you can just rob people of the full experience.

Vice City originally came out in 2002, 19 years ago. The news articles talking about those songs being removed was in 2012. The license to use the music was probably only 10 years and they would have had to renew the license or remove the songs. If you purchased the game before the license expired you should keep the game and its music.

Though, as it has been almost 20 years since it was originally released if they renewed the rest of the music 10 years back in 2012 for a further 10 years then those licenses would be expiring soon as well and they may have to pay to extend the licence again if they wanted to continue selling it. I guess we'll know at the end of 2022 if any songs are pulled from the game.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Untitled.png.b9b193d47ff0bbb21d4963af7bcaebcb.png

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Vice City originally came out in 2002, 19 years ago.

Oops yeah I derped hard there xD Had 20 in my mind. I even bought it myself back then...

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The news articles talking about those songs being removed was in 2012. The license to use the music was probably only 10 years and they would have had to renew the license or remove the songs. If you purchased the game before the license expired you should keep the game and its music.

Though, as it has been almost 20 years since it was originally released if they renewed the rest of the music 10 years back in 2012 for a further 10 years then those licenses would be expiring soon as well and they may have to pay to extend the licence again if they wanted to continue selling it. I guess we'll know at the end of 2022 if any songs are pulled from the game.

Ah good to know. I did read that you indeed get to keep the songs in there if you bought a copy while it was still licensed. I guess this is an issue I never really thought about, because back then a game would eventually just disappaer whereas now games come out and you can basically buy them forever, but then issues like these come into play.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

Vice City originally came out in 2002, 19 years ago. The news articles talking about those songs being removed was in 2012. The license to use the music was probably only 10 years and they would have had to renew the license or remove the songs. If you purchased the game before the license expired you should keep the game and its music.

This is how it should work but with modern gaming being the way it is, that's not exactly how it happened.

If you have a disc copy then you're good but if you own it on any digital store then you lose the songs, Vice City & SA both had patches which removed songs that were auto applied to any existing owners. There was a huge uproar about the SA "New Steam V2.0" build in particular because not only did it remove songs, it also removed features like 1080p 16:9 support and it broke most mods. R* must have listened because out of nowhere they released New Steam 3.0 that fixed the broken widescreen (at least put it back to the way it was which still isn't correct but it did at least work) and fixed most (but not all) mods.

Luckily on PC you can very easily downgrade to an earlier version to get all the cut content back but if you own it on XBL, PSN or the MS Store version (please don't buy the MS version) you're SOL.

The MS version is a total mess, its a PC port of the android remaster of the original PC port of the original PS 2 build. Its so broken there's a speedrun that can only be finished on that build, the glitch doesn't work on any other build.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 hours ago, Benji said:

They removed this masterpiece? Fuck. Well, at least we can be glad that at least the majority of the original tracks probably will be in the game, unlike some games that consider replacing actual songs with generic stuff.

Even the generic stuff doesn't always hit the mark sadly. Well, as long as they don't touch the Quiet Riot masterpiece I can manage.

Man I should find my copy of VC. Such good memories, except that one mission.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB