Help Me Choose a Motherboard

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly games like Tarkov, Warzone, Cyberpunk, Battlefield, GTA etc...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I'm looking to match up a motherboard with a Ryzen 7 5800x / RTX 3080.   This is a gaming focused build and I'm looking for a mobo that should last a few years before needing an upgrade. 

I'm sticking with either a B550 or X570 and I have narrowed it down to the following boards.  All of which are in my price range and have the basic things I'm looking for.   Please give me your first and second choice!  

B550                                                                                                              X570        

1. MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON                                                         1. 
ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING

2. GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO                                                                          2. GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE

3. MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE                                                                        3. ASUS PRIME X570-PRO

4. MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK

Thanks in advance everyone!

Have a fantastic day!

Get whatever one has the features you like / need.

You won't be upgrading.  Current gen chips from both AMD and Intel are end of the line for those sockets.  Next gen from both companies are going to be new RAM and new Sockets.

I would recommend the Asus TUF X570 or the MSI Tomahawk. Unless you live in Europe never get Gigabyte, their service is awful. Asus Prime would be the same as the TUF, but it has a better audio chip and is more expensive. That audio chip isn't worth the price difference. The Tomahawk is just a really solid B550

Are you trying to stick to a color theme?  All these boards are good choices and it mainly comes down to looks and beget on what one you should get.  

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Get whatever one has the features you like / need.

You won't be upgrading.  Current gen chips from both AMD and Intel are end of the line for those sockets.  Next gen from both companies are going to be new RAM and new Sockets.

Good to know!

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

I would recommend the Asus TUF X570 or the MSI Tomahawk. Unless you live in Europe never get Gigabyte, their service is awful. Asus Prime would be the same as the TUF, but it has a better audio chip and is more expensive. That audio chip isn't worth the price difference. The Tomahawk is just a really solid B550

Appreciate it!  I also have heard no so great things about Gigabyte.   

On 8/10/2021 at 11:41 AM, ELSknutson said:

Are you trying to stick to a color theme?  All these boards are good choices and it mainly comes down to looks and beget on what one you should get.  

No.  The RGB really doesn't matter to me.  I'm more interested in having a board with better VRM or audio. 

7 minutes ago, Squidious said:

No.  The RGB really doesn't matter to me.  I'm more interested in having a board with better V-Ram or audio. 

Well the X series boards are going to be little more beefy because they are meant for overclocking, But if your tight on budget the differences you will see between these boards will be very minimal.  

6 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Well the X series boards are going to be little more beefy because they are meant for overclocking, But if your tight on budget the differences you will see between these boards will be very minimal.  

Appreciate the help!