Need an HDMI to dual HDMI splitter for two monitors at the same time

BigRecoiilz

I want an HDMI splitter that'll let me use two of my monitors at the same time. I'm seeing options on Amazon but I don't know which ones are to switch from one monitor at a time or 2 at the same time (which is what I'm looking for)

2 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

I want an HDMI splitter that'll let me use two of my monitors at the same time. I'm seeing options on Amazon but I don't know which ones are to switch from one monitor at a time or 2 at the same time (which is what I'm looking for)

Uh... does your graphics card already have multiple outputs? If so, you don't need to buy anything as long as both monitors have matching connections. Just plug both monitors into your graphics card, then configure them in Windows Display Properties.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

A HDMI splitter will make both monitors display the same picture. If you want to use them seperately, you will need to use 2 different GPU ports.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:51 PM, kirashi said:

Uh... does your graphics card already have multiple outputs? If so, you don't need to buy anything as long as both monitors have matching connections. Just plug both monitors into your graphics card, then configure them in Windows Display Properties.

No i'm using integrated graphics in the meantime until i get a graphics card in about a week from now so i was just wondering if i could have an alternate until then

9 hours ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

No i'm using integrated graphics in the meantime until i get a graphics card in about a week from now so i was just wondering if i could have an alternate until then

Good to know, definitely include details like this in future posts as they are crucial to understanding the exact problem you're trying to solve. In this case, you could get a DisplayLink certified USB3.0 to HDMI adapter such as the one in the link below. It's not the only one out there of course, but it's from a brand name that I know is trusted as their stuff usually just works out of the box.

https://www.startech.com/en-ca/audio-video-products/usb32hd4k

image.png.bd30a7fa4f886fde357abb8bb9ffcdb4.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)