Samsung 870 QVO 2TB or Crucial MX500 SSD 2TB.

Go to solution Solved by gal-m,

@Dark_Seeker6聽they're about equal. I have had excellent experience with both Samsung AND Crucial 馃檪. Someone else might give you more accurate first-hand information on the both of them.

im planning to buy a sata ssd for game drive. these drive have a similar prices in my country. but i confused because the samsung one gave far more TBW endurance than mx500.聽what is your opinion? which one should I choose?

6 minutes ago, Dark_Seeker6 said:

im planning to buy a sata ssd for game drive. these drive have a similar prices in my country. but i confused because the samsung one gave far more TBW endurance than mx500.聽what is your opinion? which one should I choose?

samsung has been disappointing me almost every single time so i would suggest you to go with the crucial ssd also 2tb is too much go with a 1tb.

Just now, someone12345 said:

samsung has been disappointing me almost every single time so i would suggest you to go with the crucial ssd also 2tb go with a 1tb.

ssd also 2tb go with a 1tb.

what do you mean by also 2tb go with a 1tb?
Does it mean that i should buy the 1tb one?
if it's a yes then why?

1 minute ago, Dark_Seeker6 said:

ssd also 2tb go with a 1tb.

what do you mean by also 2tb go with a 1tb?
Does it mean that i should buy the 1tb one?
if it's a yes then why?

well because 2tb and 1 tb vary a lot in the budget and im sorry it was a grammatical error.

2 minutes ago, someone12345 said:

well because 2tb and 1 tb vary a lot in the budget and im sorry it was a grammatical error.

okay thanks @someone12345

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

In what way @someone12345?

s20 disappointed me and it's ssds were not how fast they said they were on the packaging. it got slower.

1 minute ago, someone12345 said:

s20 disappointed me

But you don't have hands-on experience with the 870 QVO @someone12345?

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

But you don't have hands-on experience with the 870 QVO @someone12345?

well ya lol, cant really argue with that. u have a good point.

Just now, someone12345 said:

well ya lol, cant really argue with that. u have a good point.

I understand you having a bad experience with your own specific unit, which is different to the one mentioned by the OP, but projecting your own negative experience from one product you owned, which cannot directly聽compare to the product the OP mentioned, is unfortunately NEVER the right way to give away advice @someone12345

@Dark_Seeker6聽they're about equal. I have had excellent experience with both Samsung AND Crucial 馃檪. Someone else might give you more accurate first-hand information on the both of them.

3 minutes ago, gal-m said:

I understand you having a bad experience with your own specific unit, which is different to the one mentioned by the OP, but projecting your own negative experience from one product you owned, which cannot directly聽compare to the product the OP mentioned, is unfortunately NEVER the right way to give away advice @someone12345

i understand but it made me kinda skeptical.聽

2 minutes ago, gal-m said:

@Dark_Seeker6聽they're about equal. I have had excellent experience with both Samsung AND Crucial 馃檪

I also agree with the statement. I had excellent experience with both.

But i also want to point out if you are picky about guarantee periods of the mentioned ssd's at least to my knowledge crucial offers 5 years on mx500 while samsung offers 3 years on their qvo lineup. Other than that samsung has a little bit more user friendly software/dashboard for the ssd's but they both get the job done flawlessly.

1 hour ago, gal-m said:

ah okay thanks for the info guys @JKweiw@gal-m