Motherboard troubles with older hardware.

DANK_AS_gay
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

So I had to take the trash out (I forgot) which means I had to get dressed again so I went down to the basement and it wasn’t under as many things as I thought.  It need a ablow out which I definitely can’t do tonight.  It’s raining  no idea what the mobo, video card or cpu is. There’s some memory in it that I thought was in a box.  It’s way way too dusty to try booting.  Just asking for blue smoke. Mechanical HD.  No idea what is on it.  This thing needs a going over. 1B37BB78-A4D0-4110-A18D-7834D8DB5A75.thumb.jpeg.278a062a1faaa0352b8a14e0713e52c8.jpeg

1 hour ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

I am not experienced at all with OC'ing, do you mind explaining it, especially for these older BIOS's?

I think you are gonna be better off using an e8600 but you could still use your e8400 if you want and buying a gigabyte g31 or p31 board as those boards will do 500fsb with ease

Mine does 510 but craps out due to ram

Ep45 will go 600 easily but ocing that is gonna be confusing asf cause you need to do some fine tuning which takes hours

Whereas g/p31 all you have to do is shove the fsb/vtt, mch/nb to max and you are good to go, though boards like the p31 ds3l does have gtl but all you have to do is put that at 61 or whatever the lowest value is

I suggest g31m s2c or p31 ds3l for a good board

You will also need to find some 1066mhz ram or you can just get an e8600