Is there a way to fix my partitions?

varidarc

https://imgur.com/a/jCiY87H

So i upgraded to a larger ssd from my 250gb ssd. I cloned it as is using acronis and now there is unallocated space at the very end of the disk. Is there any way I can allocate that space to my C:drive without reinstalling windows all together? Also what is the 900mb beside my C drive, and can i delete it?

I'm usually a mac person. The windows disk management program seems lacking.

gparted in a linux live disk can do this.

Otherwise you can probalby delete that recovery partition, its not from microsoft, and the 900mb partition. Make backups first.

14 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

gparted in a linux live disk can do this.

Otherwise you can probalby delete that recovery partition, its not from microsoft, and the 900mb partition. Make backups first.

Would the recovery partition potentially be from the cloning process?

1 minute ago, varidarc said:

Would the recovery partition potentially be from the cloning process?

Is this a prebuilt pc? This seems to be from a OEM adding the partition.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is this a prebuilt pc? This seems to be from a OEM adding the partition.

Yes. Its an Asus prebuilt. So I'm guessing its a recovery partition for all the asus bloatware?

1 minute ago, varidarc said:

Yes. Its an Asus prebuilt. So I'm guessing its a recovery partition for all the asus bloatware?

Yup, it has all the asus bloat. Id remove it as you can reinstall from a generic ISO from microsoft if needed, and download the asus files.

33 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yup, it has all the asus bloat. Id remove it as you can reinstall from a generic ISO from microsoft if needed, and download the asus files.

Is it possible to just move it to a different drive?

32 minutes ago, varidarc said:

Is it possible to just move it to a different drive?

Id just delete the asus recovery partition, no reason to keep it.

The Recovery Partition, is what used to be the Recovery Disc that used to ship with Asus computers back in the day. Its just a hidden partition with a default image to restore the main system partition too factory specs. This includes all the default Asus drivers but also bloatware as well. Personally i'd just delete it and that 900MB partition, and extend out the C: drive to the full disk.

You could create a bootable thumb drive with Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool if you ever need to reinstall.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

12 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

The Recovery Partition, is what used to be the Recovery Disc that used to ship with Asus computers back in the day. Its just a hidden partition with a default image to restore the main system partition too factory specs. This includes all the default Asus drivers but also bloatware as well. Personally i'd just delete it and that 900MB partition, and extend out the C: drive to the full disk.

You could create a bootable thumb drive with Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool if you ever need to reinstall.

Should I create a bootable thumb drive before deleting the partitions?

38 minutes ago, varidarc said:

Should I create a bootable thumb drive before deleting the partitions?

You can if you want, but theres no point. Those partitions are not part of the Windows install. 

The system partitions are the 260MB EFI System Partition, and your 220GB Boot Partition. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA