Ethernet outlets in the middle of the wall, not sure what they do

Hello!

I recently moved to a basement apartment and I am trying to get my internet set up. I decided to go for a hybrid fibre internet, however when I called they said I need a coaxial connection. I looked up what it is and cant find anything like it in my apartment. I did find these in the middle of my living room, they look like ethernet ports but I dont know what they are. Does anyone know what they are?

IMG_6532.HEIC

14 minutes ago, SandroAC96 said:

they look like ethernet ports but I dont know what they are

can't see the picture you shared, but it's probably an RJ15, for a phone line. Same general shape as an RJ45 (ethernet) but skinnier. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Hi! It is the size of an ethernet, I'll send it again in jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

Your service provider can run a cable through the wall from the pole outside (or underground utility box), but you'll need the landlord's blessing.

4 hours ago, bob.blunderton said:

Your service provider can run a cable through the wall from the pole outside (or underground utility box), but you'll need the landlord's blessing.

Thank you! I will try asking if that is a possibility. If not I will see if my landlord has one, and maybe I can run the cable from upstairs to my apartment.