Modded MineCraft Server Help?

Budget

preferably $350.00 USD

Aim

This is to host a few Modded Minecraft servers for the wife and her friends, such as Sky Factory 4, and Hold Files For Backup 

Monitors

No monitors will be running CentOS and will be using Putty and Filezilla.

Peripherals

None can setup everything with what i have

Other

I have seen on other posts to buy a Server Off Ebay for 200$  if this is the best case send me a link to one and what else is needed to complete it.

What I'm Looking At Now

What I’ve read about Minecraft servers is they like fast single thread a lot. With that sort of budget I might be looking at an older used ex gaming pc that has fast single thread but not enough of them to run new games. Some intel 4 core or something. You don’t need a video card so that’s a bonus. There are probably lots of machines like that all over eBay and whatnot.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rZsqt8

Well if you are gonna go new 350 is basically impossible

You will wanna oc the cpu to ~4.5ghz ~1.35v vcore

Also prefferably oc the ram aswell

Igpu doesnt matter but you will need a display output to actually set the thing up so buy a cheap hd6350 for 5$ off ebay or whatever 5-10$ display adapter you can find

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Igpu doesnt matter but you will need a display output to actually set the thing up so buy a cheap hd6350 for 5$ off ebay or whatever 5-10$ display adapter you can find

i have a GPU, which i was gonna use to set it up then take it out then just use putty and filezilla i am very used to CentOS

also it doesn't have to be new as i stated i am willing to get a Ebay server 1us if someone is willing to point me to one and what i need to finish it if that is a good option

14 minutes ago, distantworld101 said:

i have a GPU, which i was gonna use to set it up then take it out then just use putty and filezilla i am very used to CentOS

also it doesn't have to be new as i stated i am willing to get a Ebay server 1us if someone is willing to point me to one and what i need to finish it if that is a good option

Hmm

Im just not sure anymore since the build i suggested has much better single core than an old pc

Unless you can find a 3rd or 4th gen i5 or better optiplex for like 150$ or under then maybe go for something like this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8qKYsX

Yeeted the cooler

Yeeted the ssd

Cheaper psu

Yeeted a fan

Find some cheap 500gb hdd for like 10$ or something for the storage

And oc the cpu as much as possible on the crappy stock cooler, just stay under 90c and youll be fine

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rZsqt8

Well if you are gonna go new 350 is basically impossible

You will wanna oc the cpu to ~4.5ghz ~1.35v vcore

Also prefferably oc the ram aswell

My theory was a not-so-great older iGPU would also be good enough.  That works too though. A 710 or something maybe. Anything with a video out would do.

intel pounded on single thread for years, so anything old with good single thread is going to be intel.  Some 9th gen 4/4 used maybe.  People are dumping those without video cards. Someone’s old 9100f perhaps? (No iGPU there but if it can be covered it can be covered)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Rounding Up I just spent $398 After Tax USD, i went with a 1TB HDD instead of the SSD, and Ryzen 1200  if it lags a bit its ok not going for a FULL HAM SPEED MACHINE just something they can connect to and play together without worrying about a server going out, and if they want to change packs or customize there pack they can

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dzvg9N

Thank You Both 

14 minutes ago, distantworld101 said:

Rounding Up I just spent $398 After Tax USD, i went with a 1TB HDD instead of the SSD, and Ryzen 1200  if it lags a bit its ok not going for a FULL HAM SPEED MACHINE just something they can connect to and play together without worrying about a server going out, and if they want to change packs or customize there pack they can

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dzvg9N

Thank You Both 

Whyd you downgrade to a 1200?

Single core on that is significantly worse then the 3300x

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Whyd you downgrade to a 1200?

Single core on that is significantly worse then the 3300x

To expand, a 1200 is 4/4 ryzen1 ryzen1 wasn’t liked all that well amongst other things it’s famous for having persnickety memory stuff to the point that it sort of brought the QVL back which was almost dead. 
a 3300x is ryzen2 4/8. It’s a much much weaker chip.

i just don't want to pare a 3300x with a budget board, especially for it to just sit doing minecraft stuff,    

i run a 2700x in my personally pc and it handles Many instances with no problems  running at once so

i'm sure a 1200 can run at least ONE or TWO instances with 6 people at most, not like i'm having 50+ People 

also i am on the type of income where every penny counts like lit every penny

1 minute ago, distantworld101 said:

i just don't want to pare a 3300x with a budget board, especially for it to just sit doing minecraft stuff,    

i run a 2700x in my personally pc and it handles Many instances with no problems  running at once so

i'm sure a 1200 can run at least ONE or TWO instances with 6 people at most, not like i'm having 50+ People 

also i am on the type of income where every penny counts like lit every penny

Bruh

Then get a 500gb hdd instead of a 1tb hdd

used 500gb hdds in my area are like 5$

You wont need 1tb anyways for minecraft ffs

So you can upgrade to a 3300x and youll get alot more performance and not have to worry about the cpu being a bottleneck

You've done the worst thing you can do
Host minecraft servers on a HDD I'm just going to tell you this  you'll have a very bad experience when dealing with chunks.
I would have gotten a 240GB SSD it would have been enough to prevent this.

Minecraft plugin developer

Desktop:
CPU= I5 12400F
RAM = 2x 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance LPX
Motherboard = MSI Z690-A-PRO Wifi DDR4
GPU= RTX 3050
SSD = Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
PSU= Corsair RM750

Laptop:
CPU= AMD Ryzen 5 5500u
RAM= 1X 4gb (soldered 3200mhz), 1x 16gb ddr4 3200mhz (so-dimm)
SSD= Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

14 minutes ago, CustomEnchants said:

You've done the worst thing you can do
Host minecraft servers on a HDD I'm just going to tell you this  you'll have a very bad experience when dealing with chunks.
I would have gotten a 240GB SSD it would have been enough to prevent this.

i constantly do it, no problems also

incase you didn't read it is a Sky Server meaning there isn't many Chunks to load because you bounded to  a certain area

on top of that only 6 people will be playing  at most

i am not 100% minecraft dumb  i run a multi setup right now with velocity, she just wants something of her own away from what i have.

on her own machine that she can mess with when ever.

also in my first post i also mentioned it will be used for File Backups so a 240gb ssd is not enough