First Computer Build

PC Part Picker list- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/m6Fz4d

1. Budget & Location

$2000- $2100 USD, as of right now a 3060 ti on Newegg is around $800 to $900 USD, so going over by $100 USD wouldn't be bad.

2. Aim

99.9% gaming, want to start playing some PC games like Valorant, CSGO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Minecraft, Fortnite, Overwatch, etc.

3. Monitors

2 monitors- 1080p at 144 hertz each.

4. Peripherals

Looking for maybe a Blackwidow Elite from Razer, fine on mouse. Don't need windows, already have a copy.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I've been a console gamer for my whole life pretty much since I didn't know anything about computers until now, and I want to start playing more games and expand my gamer knowledge since I have been playing only Overwatch and Fortnite daily for a good few years now. Future proofing isn't really a thing and I know my part list may be a little over the top in some cases (Sometimes I like style/looks, example would be the cooler lmao), but I don't want to upgrade for a good while, a the cpu and gpu on my list should last quite a while since they are still kinda newish. 

Thank you all in advance!

Personally I would just get 2 NVME drives and add on 1-2TB 2.sata SSD drives if you run out of storage later down the line. With the games you got listed I doubt you'll fill up 1TB of storage that quickly and its really easy to slap in another drive later down the line.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tnvTK3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($90.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Lenovo)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Adorama)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1020.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-03 23:21 EDT-0400

You don't need a 5800x for gaming, nor a cpu cooler that costs just as much as the chip itself. You barely even need the cooler in this list

One big SSD instead. Try to avoid spinning disks as much as possible.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Orignal PSU was horrible. Also if you want to go for the O11 Dynamic (while a waste of money imo) go ahead 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Gaming 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($69.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($105.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $770.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-03 23:42 EDT-0400

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

19 minutes ago, Slottr said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tnvTK3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($90.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Lenovo)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Adorama)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1020.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-03 23:21 EDT-0400

You don't need a 5800x for gaming, nor a cpu cooler that costs just as much as the chip itself. You barely even need the cooler in this list

One big SSD instead. Try to avoid spinning disks as much as possible.

Like I said, I really don't want to upgrade for a good while, and as of right now the next gen consoles have started using 8 core processors, and despite 6 cores being enough to game, 8 cores would last longer in my opinion. Also like I said, I sometimes care about looks/style, and I'm in love with the kraken cooler for it's great temps and it's custom display screen, and I tend to change my themes a lot. 

As long as I have an SSD I should be ok. Despite Hard drives being slower than SSD's, they still are useful and a bit cheaper IMO. 

Thanks for the tips, I may think it over but if this is gonna be a PC I'm not gonna upgrade for a very long time, I would like it to be my "dream" pc.

14 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Orignal PSU was horrible. Also if you want to go for the O11 Dynamic (while a waste of money imo) go ahead 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Gaming 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($69.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($105.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $770.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-03 23:42 EDT-0400

Thanks for the tips.

I would like to say some things though.

First off, the O11 IMO looks great and has good reviews, as well as I really like the design and the side fan mounting on it as well. 

6 cores is enough for gaming but I don't want to upgrade my computer for a very long time, and with next gen consoles having 8 cores now, it should become the standard sometime soon, hence why I want 8 cores personally.

My family is more of a Hard drive kind of guy, and my dad says it would be better to get them since they are cheaper. Also, having at least one SSD nowadays no matter the size is alright for a computer, but I may do more research to see about storage.

Also why was my original PSU horrible? They both have the same Wats, and are both 80+ Gold. I would like some context please and thank you!

I know in the computer world it's "Power over Looks" but I'm more of the in between. I want the power, but also the looks, and to me my list combines both for me to be happy with it.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I may look at it again after more research! 

44 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Personally I would just get 2 NVME drives and add on 1-2TB 2.sata SSD drives if you run out of storage later down the line. With the games you got listed I doubt you'll fill up 1TB of storage that quickly and its really easy to slap in another drive later down the line.

I could, but hard drives are cheaper, and are decent. At least having one SSD, whatever the storage is of it, will benefit your computer rather than just having a hard drive and no SSD.

Thanks for the suggestions!

8 minutes ago, Percival2644 said:

I could, but hard drives are cheaper, and are decent. At least having one SSD, whatever the storage is of it, will benefit your computer rather than just having a hard drive and no SSD.

HHD are just very slow compared to SSD. If you are worried about prices I would just get ur main SSD now and instead of getting a HHD for a main storage drive now I would wait until Black Friday then get a mass storage SSD (the speed difference is very notable). I’ve also had multiple friends with Kraken coolers and they did not keep the CPU very cool and broke after 1 year. I recommend the ARCTIC or EK 240/360 AIOs. Also with your ram try to get 3600mhz cl16 ram

Intel Option if you're interested:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Adorama) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($134.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X OC Video Card  ($879.99 @ Monoprice) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Legion GX Pro 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $1750.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-04 00:04 EDT-0400

From your list, only thing I would change is to use a NVME with DRAM cache. You can go with the one I listed or here are other options:

I know that, but if you can find any that are the same price as my 2TB hard drive with around the same storage, that would be nice:) I'm ordering around October, and I hate black friday and my family never do them, its a waste of time IMO.  

Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep researching and learning!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QM93PV

This is a demontration of what you could actually build for that money

I dont reccomend you build this though as its more suited for gaming + productivity and it seems like you arent gonna do any productivity work on your pc

Btw are you gonna do any overclocking?

Cause aios are stupid unless you overclock or want maximum silence

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Lee said:

Intel Option if you're interested:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ Adorama) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($134.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB MECH 2X OC Video Card  ($879.99 @ Monoprice) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Legion GX Pro 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $1750.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-04 00:04 EDT-0400

From your list, only thing I would change is to use a NVME with DRAM cache. You can go with the one I listed or here are other options:

Whilst intel is ok, AMD cpu's are way better rn for around the same prices, but thanks for the option. Would 1 TB be enough you think for booting up/all games? I don't have great knowledge on SSD's, so i don't know what DRAM cache is, but I might use the one you have listed, now that a lot of people are telling me to get a SSD, despite Hard drives being way cheaper and more storage, but I can see the point.

Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Percival2644 said:

I know that, but if you can find any that are the same price as my 2TB hard drive with around the same storage, that would be nice:) I'm ordering around October, and I hate black friday and my family never do them, its a waste of time IMO.  

Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep researching and learning!

Oh I was think Black Friday online sales

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QM93PV

This is a demontration of what you could actually build for that money

I dont reccomend you build this though as its more suited for gaming + productivity and it seems like you arent gonna do any productivity work on your pc

Btw are you gonna do any overclocking?

Cause aios are stupid unless you overclock or want maximum silence

Yeah It is pretty much all for ganing, as I don't have a job yet lmao (Next year though I can apply finally!).

I might give it a try in the future with a tutorial or something but I have no knowledge on overclocking whatsoever, so I probably won't.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Just now, Percival2644 said:

Yeah It is pretty much all for ganing, as I don't have a job yet lmao

Holy crap

Then where the hell do you get your money?

1 minute ago, Dragonisles said:

Oh I was think Black Friday online sales

Oh I wasn't thinking about that, my bad. Possible, as I'm hoping to get all parts by December so I may do that then.

Thanks!

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Holy crap

Then where the hell do you get your money?

My birthdays and Christmas I am allowed one "big thing", but that very much depends on my grades, behavior, chores, etc. So far I've gotten straight A's for about 6-7 years now which includes Elementary, and I am in a Middle College program for High school (5 years instead of 4, but I leave with a associate's degree). Work hard for good rewards. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WhhWkX

An ocing build

The 5800x should do you well for your gaming

The aio will keep your cpu cool when ocing

The board is prob wayyy overkill but i guess the vrms will run super cool and ocing ability is great

Enthoo pro so the 420mm aio will fit

The 2 120mm fsk fans go at the bottom for bottom to top airflow and the 140mm fsk is supposed to rgbify the rear 140mm fan though use the rear as intake

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9swNt8

Non ocing version

Upgraded ssd to 2tb

Cheaper rgb ram

Cheaper rgb airflow case

Cheaper cooler

You can still oc but i think you should just enable pbo and have it auto oc for you

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WhhWkX

An ocing build

The 5800x should do you well for your gaming

The aio will keep your cpu cool when ocing

The board is prob wayyy overkill but i guess the vrms will run super cool and ocing ability is great

Enthoo pro so the 420mm aio will fit

The 2 120mm fsk fans go at the bottom for bottom to top airflow and the 140mm fsk is supposed to rgbify the rear 140mm fan though use the rear as intake

Thanks for the suggestion! I might snag that SSD for my list, possibly.

Yeah I probably will enable the auto oc anyway

13 hours ago, Percival2644 said:

Thanks for the tips.

I would like to say some things though.

First off, the O11 IMO looks great and has good reviews, as well as I really like the design and the side fan mounting on it as well. 

6 cores is enough for gaming but I don't want to upgrade my computer for a very long time, and with next gen consoles having 8 cores now, it should become the standard sometime soon, hence why I want 8 cores personally.

My family is more of a Hard drive kind of guy, and my dad says it would be better to get them since they are cheaper. Also, having at least one SSD nowadays no matter the size is alright for a computer, but I may do more research to see about storage.

Also why was my original PSU horrible? They both have the same Wats, and are both 80+ Gold. I would like some context please and thank you!

I know in the computer world it's "Power over Looks" but I'm more of the in between. I want the power, but also the looks, and to me my list combines both for me to be happy with it.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I may look at it again after more research! 

80+ Gold doesn’t make a PSU good. It is just an efficiency rating. The Gigabyte P Series has known issues for shutting down (and even catching on fire).

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 hours ago, Downkey said:

80+ Gold doesn’t make a PSU good. It is just an efficiency rating. The Gigabyte P Series has known issues for shutting down (and even catching on fire).

Oh I see know. Thanks for the notice, I'll be sure to buy the one your recommended to me now!