frequency and temperature problem

Hi guys!!!

I just bought a a8-6600k and a gigabyte ga-f2a88xm-hd3 yesterday, after installing windows and drivers, i tried to look for my current frequency and temperatures, then i found out that most software for monitoring does not show the same frequency and they don't show any temperatures.

Q1:  is this normal to apu's?

Q2: any software that i can use?

Q3: any opinions on the cause of this?

TIA....

post-8869-0-89531700-1396766961.jpg

Hi guys!!!

I just bought a a8-6600k and a gigabyte ga-f2a88xm-hd3 yesterday, after installing windows and drivers, i tried to look for my current frequency and temperatures, then i found out that most software for monitoring does not show the same frequency and they don't show any temperatures.

Q1: is this normal to apu's?

Q2: any software that i can use?

Q3: any opinions on the cause of this?

TIA....

the richland technology just hasn't made it into the mainstream for app builders.

the sensor addresses are all new and with typical AMD fashion, most are unreliable,

inaccurate or non-existent.

i would look at HWInfo64 or Aida64 Extreme Edition for monitoring software.

What motherboard are you using?, if you are using ASUS then the ASUS Ai Suite should have an accurate sensor if not then I would try Hardware Monitor (HWMonitor) to see if that would work. Last one I can think of is one of AMD's own software AMD overdrive should show the temperatures correctly but I used this with an FX-6300 not sure if it will work with APU's. Hope this helps in anyway 

Hi guys!!!

What motherboard are you using?, if you are using ASUS then the ASUS Ai Suite should have an accurate sensor if not then I would try Hardware Monitor (HWMonitor) to see if that would work. Last one I can think of is one of AMD's own software AMD overdrive should show the temperatures correctly but I used this with an FX-6300 not sure if it will work with APU's. Hope this helps in anyway 

the major mannies do include some type of monitoring package for use with their motherboards.

@Veltrix, I am using a Gigabyte ga-f2a88xm-hd3, hardware monitor isn't working

the major mannies do include some type of monitoring package for use with their motherboards.

yes the motherboard came with easytune 6, but it only shows that my boost frequency is just about 4.1 Mhz boost, which the 6600k is advertised with 4.2Mhz boost clock, that's what give me a bit of a doubt with easytune6.