Monitor issues when ceiling fan is turned on while monitor is on

cvinker

I have a unique issue where my Dell SE2719HR monitor flickers then displays a message saying it cannot display due to an incompatible resolution, it works by turning it off and on again. This happens only when I turn on my ceiling fan.

Any ideas or solutions to this?

Thanks

Try using one of those things that reduces interference. You plug it into the wall and it cleans the power. There are standalone ones and there are also power strips, I recommend getting one of those, I believe they are called power filters.

Edit: they’re called power conditioners too, I would recommend one of the 6 outlet power strips here

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=power+conditioner&sprefix=power+condition&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_15

Also more info on this, used to have a cheap desk fan that would screw up my CRT when turned on, I would have to degauss it for it to work properly again. It also made my lamp flicker when turned on or off I bought a power filter thinking it may be the issue and yeah it solved it. So basically electric motors with poorly wound coils from my experience can cause interference on power lines that screws up other devices.