My GPU Is Displaying Error 43 And I Need Help Fixing It

Spork13117

Sorry if this is not the best place to post this, I am new to the forum

After months of searching for parts, today I finialy built my first PC. I was exited to boot up Battlefront 2 and start playing some games with my friends. But sadly, I never got past the first loading screen without it crashing. I tried to run some simple roblox games just to judge the performance and I found that my PC was running as if I did not even have a GPU. less than 20 fps with low settings on simple roblox games that I can run on my Chromebook. After some investigation, I went to device manager and found error 43 listed under my Asus Radeon RX 550. I have tried re-installing my drivers from the disk and also updating windows. Nothing has been able to get rid of error 43. If anyone would like to help me, I can provide as much information as you need. If I should re-word this post then please let me know. Thank you for reading my story.

RIP. Sorry. Error 43 is almost always a game-ender. Return the GPU.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

As far as I know, that error is pretty common for Radeon VII GPUs and was found to be essentially unrecoverable

Bad Luck man

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

RIP. Sorry. Error 43 is almost always a game-ender. Return the GPU.

@aisle9 Thank you for responding! Unfortunately, the return window is long gone.

1 minute ago, Spork13117 said:

@aisle9 Thank you for responding! Unfortunately, the return window is long gone.

If you bought it new, you should still be able to RMA it to ASUS.

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If you bought it new, you should still be able to RMA it to ASUS.

I bought it used on Mercari. I just wanted to play some Battlefront 2 with my friends over the summer. I am now $500 in and I have a PC that cannot play any games. Great first build!

6 minutes ago, Spork13117 said:

I bought it used on Mercari. I just wanted to play some Battlefront 2 with my friends over the summer. I am now $500 in and I have a PC that cannot play any games. Great first build!

I mean, at least it's just an RX 550 and you don't have much into it, right?

See if you can get your hands on a GTX 750 or GTX 750 Ti. Both are respectable and will outperform the RX 550.