Multi floor AP planning

CWALD

Hello, I am moving in the next few weeks and the new place has 2 floors where in the past I have always lived on a single story. I am using an old small business class Cisco router that was cheap and I like the features of but has no wifi functionality and a dedicated TP-Link AP. In my current place I just put the AP on the ceiling, central to the areas I was using wireless devices. Now I am wondering if it would be better to the same thing on the first or the second floor. I don't think I should need 2 given that each floor covers a fairly small area. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, CWALD said:

Hello, I am moving in the next few weeks and the new place has 2 floors where in the past I have always lived on a single story. I am using an old small business class Cisco router that was cheap and I like the features of but has no wifi functionality and a dedicated TP-Link AP. In my current place I just put the AP on the ceiling, central to the areas I was using wireless devices. Now I am wondering if it would be better to the same thing on the first or the second floor. I don't think I should need 2 given that each floor covers a fairly small area. Thanks in advance.

You'll only know for sure when you install them. If it doesn't offer the coverage you need, then you'll need another AP.