MC AMD GPU supply.

Gunnar A.

First I'd like to start by saying this is my first post here and did my best to find where this belonged and this is what I deemed best. 

The title is based on a couple of tech related pages I am apart of and or run. Mostly based out of Missouri (USA). 

I have continually been seeing many reports of the local Microcenters on their daily stock from members and noticing it isn't moving. Yet the retail prices have stayed the same for weeks. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed or seen this with their local MC or other retailer.

It has been Mostly AMD 6700xt, 6800xt and 6900xts. Along with a good amount of 3090's.

It just doesn't match the narrative that people are having a hard time finding GPU's or getting their hands on them.

So my question to you guys is, do you think this is a sign that this storm is coming to an end? Or..... Is this some form of market control tactics to keep prices up? 

(No I am not saying reviewers/influencers or otherwise are the ones doing so)

Screenshot_20210801-070533_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210801-070508_Facebook.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gunnar A. said:

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed or seen this with their local MC or other retailer.

It has been Mostly AMD 6700xt, 6800xt and 6900xts. Along with a good amount of 3090's.

...So my question to you guys is, do you think this is a sign that this storm is coming to an end? Or..... Is this some form of market control tactics to keep prices up? 

I can put my $0.02 in on this as I was at my Micro Center in PA yesterday (one of two, one in New Jersey). The one in PA has been relatively stable with stock, as you are seeing as well. I think what is prohibiting people from purchasing them is the costs of these AIB for the cards out are almost $400+ (more than $400) above MSRP of the reference/Founder's Edition graphics cards. I think some people are getting sticker shock comparing the MSRP to the AIB MSRP. 

Although, AMD CPUs are pretty well stocked at both stores, including 5900X and 5950Xs.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

9 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

I can put my $0.02 in on this as I was at my Micro Center in PA yesterday (one of two, one in New Jersey). The one in PA has been relatively stable with stock, as you are seeing as well. I think what is prohibiting people from purchasing them is the costs of these AIB for the cards out are almost $400+ (more than $400) above MSRP of the reference/Founder's Edition graphics cards. I think some people are getting sticker shock comparing the MSRP to the AIB MSRP. 

Although, AMD CPUs are pretty well stocked at both stores, including 5900X and 5950Xs.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm hoping with seeing this we start to see retail prices coming down. $1000 for a 6700xt is just outlandish especially for the performance. 

Maybe I'm being overly hopeful

7 minutes ago, Gunnar A. said:

find where this belonged and this is what I deemed best.

It's still the wrong forum for a thread about GPUs.

That is the correct forum for posting such threads:

https://linustechtips.com/forum/16-graphics-cards/

10 minutes ago, Gunnar A. said:

It just doesn't match the narrative that people are having a hard time finding GPU's or getting their hands on them.

Currently there are enough GPUs for everyone who needs one.

But there are not enough cards out there for the prices to return back the MSRP.

12 minutes ago, Gunnar A. said:

So my question to you guys is, do you think this is a sign that this storm is coming to an end? Or..... Is this some form of market control tactics to keep prices up? 

Retail sores,AIBs and SIs will try to capitalize on it and milk it as much as possible,

So i expect prices to stay high for a while until the market will be flooded with cheaper cards.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Gunnar A. said:

I will repost thank you. 

Don't do that 🤔

Just ask a moderator to move the thread.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Don't do that 🤔

Just ask a moderator to move the thread.

Super easy to just repost with it being so fresh. But thanks for the help. 

4 minutes ago, Gunnar A. said:

Super easy to just repost with it being so fresh. But thanks for the help. 

No, just report your own thread (exclaimation mark inside a triangle) and put inside, placed in wrong thread, relocate to Graphics Cards Sub-thread. 

It is better if the forum is unified under one thread, instead of having multiple threads. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I've moved it to the graphics card forum and removed the other post.

For the record if it's posted in the wrong forum just report the post as "posted in the wrong subforum". You don't need to be the OP to report it. Commenting and saying it's posted in the wrong forum usually just causes more work, plus such comments are redundant once the thread is moved.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450