Can't install any drivers on my GPU

Right so I recently done a fresh install of windows on my computer and now it will not let me install any Nvidia drivers due to either DCH or not being compatible with this version of windows.

My GPU is showin as "Microsoft basic display adapter" in device manager and this GPU has worked previously in this computer

if I go through Device manager directly and try to download the drivers automatically I get "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" it does state that I am running a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080.

if I try to update the drivers through C:\Windows\WinSxS it states " the best friver software for your device is already installed"

I cant access the windows store to download GeForce experience to download it separately. I just get an error

I really don't know what to do at this point because I feel like I'm chasing my tail. should I just download Linux or  would that give me the same problems

I also did update windows because at one point people were saying that was a solution

26 minutes ago, Fisherp93 said:

cant access the windows store to download GeForce experience to download it separately.

How about just straight from nvidia website like a normal human?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Yeah I would try just downloading the drivers from Nvidia and GeForce Experience be damned. (Insert Steve Burke "Nvidia wants us to talk more about GeForce experience..." rant here)

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16