Afterburner Occasionally Ignores My Core Clock Settings

Geeksta84

I have the following settings applied in afterburner(shown below) since I am mining with nicehash. Most of the time everything works great but occasionally when I look over my clock speeds are back up to 1900MHz instead of around 1600MHz for the 300MHz underclock I have set. All I have been doing when I see this is just move the fan speed bar and then set it back to 75% and apply it then its back to proper clocks. If I do not change anything it appears it will stay up until a restart, I gave it a full work day once and it didn't go back down.

image.png.8401843c75166bcb4d63716b15f6a79e.png

I understand that the clock speed is going to jump around a bit between the base and boost clocks but is it normal to have to go well above them?

CPU: Intel i7 9700K | Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus | RAM: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws 3600MHz | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD | Cooling: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black

I thought maybe it jumps past my underclock if the load is too high and it needs to but then shouldn't it go back down when the higher clocks are not needed or after the load goes back down?

Additionally, I am only ever using a browser and watching youtube videos when this occurs. I always pause nicehash and turn off my underclock if I am going to game.

CPU: Intel i7 9700K | Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus | RAM: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws 3600MHz | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD | Cooling: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black

Here is it when it ignores the settings.

image.png.2122ee9d454073f468d3971715302038.png