Recovery partition?

NikitaSch

I just wanted to make my extend my c drive and i deleted the recovery partition.Is recovery partition something very important because i have never used it.Do i need it or not? Im on laptop btw.

It's for if you need/want to do a factory reset. It's safe to delete to my knowledge, but if you want to keep it you can also just try to move it elsewhere on the drive: https://superuser.com/questions/1354574/how-to-expand-the-windows-partition-when-the-recovery-one-is-in-the-way

[Edit] missed the "I deleted" part. Well it's all good, but for next time you know it can be moved 馃槢

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F聽| RAM: GSkill聽16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU:聽i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU:聽i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

so everything is alright? I mean if i restart the laptop it wont be stuck in a boot loop or throwing errors?.

45 minutes ago, NikitaSch said:

so everything is alright? I mean if i restart the laptop it wont be stuck in a boot loop or throwing errors?.

No.

The recovery is only for when your Windows doesnt work anymore. So you can reset to factory settings.
If you know howto install Windows from USB its just a waste of space. 馃槈

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

32 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

No.

The recovery is only for when your Windows doesnt work anymore. So you can reset to factory settings.
If you know howto install Windows from USB its just a waste of space. 馃槈

Thank you so much , and @tikker聽as well. I was worried that I had to reinstall聽windows and lose all my data.