500w pcu rtx 3060

polda525

Will my 500w pcu be enough for rtx 3060 and i5-9400f ? I already have the CPU and I want to upgrade to the flu without replacing the pcu . 

It'll depend on how good the PSU is. If it's a decent unit like the Corsair CX500, it will probably be fine. If it's a firehazard unit like a silver-shell Thermaltake PSU, then probably not. The recommended unit for the 3060 was a 450w, so you should be completely fine.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It'll depend on how good the PSU is. If it's a decent unit like the Corsair CX500, it will probably be fine. If it's a firehazard unit like a silver-shell Thermaltake PSU, then probably not. The recommended unit for the 3060 was a 450w, so you should be completely fine.

I got LC power lc500h-12 will it be good to go ? It runs good on my current setup which is gtx 1050 and i5-7400 

-> Moved to Power Supplies

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, polda525 said:

Will my 500w pcu be enough for rtx 3060 and i5-9400f ? I already have the CPU and I want to upgrade to the flu without replacing the pcu . 

You will need to upgrade.

An antiqued, group regulated, rated in peak power, misnomer wattage label unit that doesn't claim OCP shouldn't be used. It only has a single PCIe cable with a six pin on it as well.

34 minutes ago, Mason Peterson said:

You will need to upgrade.

An antiqued, group regulated, rated in peak power, misnomer wattage label unit that doesn't claim OCP shouldn't be used. It only has a single PCIe cable with a six pin on it as well.

Ok thank you and is there any GPU that is rtx from 20 series that I can run on this pcu ? 

1 hour ago, polda525 said:

LC power lc500h-12

That's not a 500w psu. It's a garbage psu with outdated design that can deliver 300w on a lucky day. Not recommanded to use in any system with dedicated GPU. Replace it for something decent. At least a ATX2.4 certified psu with LLC + DC-DC topology.