Hey Linus, been a fan for years now but not really a big talker recently I got fed up with my pc and I need help I just want to have a good pc that I wont have to drop my settings to low and still lag in mmo's (new world mostly) or games like battlefield 5 etc seems like my cpu and ram is kind of screwing me over but I don't know if that's all

here's my parts maybe you could show me a path towards having fun in games again..

Corsair H45 Hydro CPU Cooler AiO

ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 DCU III STRIX Gaming O.C 8GB

650W - Corsair VS650 80+ White Cert Power Supply

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Skylake Processor - Unlocked

Bitfenix Nova Windowed Midi Tower Case - Black

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz

250GB Samsung 750 EVO Series Solid State Drive - MZ-750250BW

GIGABYTE Z170-Gaming K3 ATX Motherboard

Windows 10 Home 32/64 bit Operating System

2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III Hard Drive

be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm Silent Case Fan

My fps in New world right now is about 45-60 drops to 30 on high settings.. its quite bad.. when I go low settings the difference is minor 5-10fps more still drops to 45 fps its so frustrating. 

Here's also a screenshot of how my cpu,memory and gpu is working while having New world game opened + browser 

I built it in 2017 needs a upgrade.. This might be a challenge to fix.

Screenshot_5.png

Looks like you need more ram.  You're using 84% of the total available memory. 

Free some space on the 250 GB SSD and increase the page file size on the SSD, so that Windows will be able to dump some of the data kept in ram by other programs to the SSD and make room for your game's data.

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Looks like you need more ram.  You're using 84% of the total available memory. 

Free some space on the 250 GB SSD and increase the page file size on the SSD, so that Windows will be able to dump some of the data kept in ram by other programs to the SSD and make room for your game's data.

How do I "increase page filze size on the SSD"? . + cpu usage is so high anything to do with the lag though? or is just my ram thats the problem? (Should I buy the same ram 8gb x2 or go for something else and remove the one I have now?)

Also wanted to ask should I keep my games on my other drive and keep ssd free from games?

See windows 10 adjust page file size - YouTube

I have Windows 7 on this computer ... on Windows 7 it's  Windows key + Pause / Break , Advanced System Settings> Advanced > Performance : Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory : Change

I unchecked the "Automatically manage paging file size ..." and selected my 120 GB SSD ( C: ) and configured a fixed 4 GB page file ... you can set a bigger size.

Then I let Windows have a second page file on a mechanical drive and let it increase it as needed.

If something needs so much ram Windows has to dump something, it's quickly written in those 4 GB on SSD and if there's not enough room left there, it's dumped on the mechanical drive.

image.png.27ebddc3e8754b11b4daeca8a2870e6d.pngimage.png.935b1ef2c80f7ac692aedce817f72c05.pngimage.png.d8194e05aafce5ae9b9f488d8042df12.png

7 minutes ago, mariushm said:

See windows 10 adjust page file size - YouTube

I have Windows 7 on this computer ... on Windows 7 it's  Windows key + Pause / Break , Advanced System Settings> Advanced > Performance : Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory : Change

I unchecked the "Automatically manage paging file size ..." and selected my 120 GB SSD ( C: ) and configured a fixed 4 GB page file ... you can set a bigger size.

Then I let Windows have a second page file on a mechanical drive and let it increase it as needed.

If something needs so much ram Windows has to dump something, it's quickly written in those 4 GB on SSD and if there's not enough room left there, it's dumped on the mechanical drive.

image.png.27ebddc3e8754b11b4daeca8a2870e6d.pngimage.png.935b1ef2c80f7ac692aedce817f72c05.pngimage.png.d8194e05aafce5ae9b9f488d8042df12.png

I just did what you did but increased it to 8gb instead of 4 but could you tell me if I should add the same ram 8gb x2 so then I will double my ram or go for something different?