Need Help finding water cooler components for MSI Ventus XC1660 OC on a budget!!

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

Most people one this forum would agree that water cooling a lower end GPU is almost never worth it. Even if you save money buying barb fittings, you'll spend $30 on fittings, $30 on a radiator, and most GPU blocks are $100+, or if you get a CPU block and jury rig it on, you''ll spend closer to $50, and you'll spend $50 on a pump and reservoir if you cheap out on it. Together you'll spend somewhere around $150-200, and for that price you could sell the card on eBay and buy a GTX 1080 or if you're lucky a 1080 Ti. There would be no way to overclock the difference with water cooling. 

If you're dead set on doing it, the only way it would make sense is if you can get a good deal on used water cooling equipment. 

So lately i've been thinking about water cooling my GPU and don't know where to start, The idea is that i would do all soft tubing for this as that would be the cheaper and less expensive to do. how should i go about this?

Most people one this forum would agree that water cooling a lower end GPU is almost never worth it. Even if you save money buying barb fittings, you'll spend $30 on fittings, $30 on a radiator, and most GPU blocks are $100+, or if you get a CPU block and jury rig it on, you''ll spend closer to $50, and you'll spend $50 on a pump and reservoir if you cheap out on it. Together you'll spend somewhere around $150-200, and for that price you could sell the card on eBay and buy a GTX 1080 or if you're lucky a 1080 Ti. There would be no way to overclock the difference with water cooling. 

If you're dead set on doing it, the only way it would make sense is if you can get a good deal on used water cooling equipment. 

Ya I dont think anyone even makes a proper block for that card so you would have to jerry rig something up, I would just advise against it all together 

7 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thanks for the advice, I was trying to see if i can get better cooling temps then air cool since this summer has been hella hot for me.

2 minutes ago, bgc341 said:

Thanks for the advice, I was trying to see if i can get better cooling temps then air cool since this summer has been hella hot for me.

Then I'd spend that $100-200 you were gonna spend on water cooling and buy a window AC unit. That way your PC and you will be cooler. It makes a lot more sense than trying to water cool your computer, especially since while your GPU will be cooler, your room would be even hotter. 

AFAIK I don't think bykski/barrow even produce 1660 blocks anymore 

If u really wanna to wc, u can get universal gpu block & vram heatsinks

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini