Need suggestions

Incognito67

I got invited to beta test the internal SSD slot for the PS5 console. I am going to get the Samsung 980 pro for this. Playstation is suggesting to use a heat sink with which ever SSD i choose. But Since the 980 pro comes with nickel coating to help manage the controllers heat level, and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip. Is it necessary to add a heat sink as well? and if so, which heat sink should I get for the 980 pro? Any help will be greatly appreciated  

I don't suppose theres any way to monitor the temps on a ps5..

My 2tb 980 pro never really gets warmer than 56c, but there is a lot of airflow in my case..

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+