Storage samsung j3 2016

Hello,

I have an old Samsung galaxy j3 2016, but the screen died, and I don't want to replace the screen. But can I still get access to the internal storage of the phone, not the SD card but the internal storage. I want to copy the files to my computer or another phone or something.

I have another Samsung device, galaxy j5 2016, if that could serve any purpose.

Thanks in advance!

Can't you just use a Card reader to acess the sd card?

47 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Can't you just use a Card reader to acess the sd card?

I don't want the data of the SD card, I want the data of the internal storage, where you're OS etc. is stored.

8 minutes ago, Thommie0208 said:

I don't want the data of the SD card, I want the data of the internal storage, where you're OS etc. is stored.

Oh Sorry, Is the LCD totally dead? If it isn`t then you can use a USB to OTG adapter which will allow you to connect a mouse

Without working screen only data recovery from nand flash which is expensive. Maybe repair shop will connect their working screen and recover data for You on pendrive or sd card which will be cheaper than new screen

34 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Oh Sorry, Is the LCD totally dead? If it isn`t then you can use a USB to OTG adapter which will allow you to connect a mouse

Sadly it is totally dead

34 minutes ago, NotFakeName said:

Without working screen only data recovery from nand flash which is expensive. Maybe repair shop will connect their working screen and recover data for You on pendrive or sd card which will be cheaper than new screen

Thanks, I'll look into it. Are all nand flash chips the same? Like could I swap the chip from my j3 with the chip in the j5?

9 minutes ago, Thommie0208 said:

Thanks, I'll look into it. Are all nand flash chips the same? Like could I swap the chip from my j3 with the chip in the j5?

No, and I don't think that You can swap them between two phone models

• 1 month later...

I have a samsung galaxy j3 2016, and I want the data on the phone, but is there a way to still access it when the screen is dead?

Yes, but it's expensive and not worth ~12GB of data, just get cheapest replacement screen.

==threads merged==

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs