Slow Internet Speeds on newly built PC

Go to solution Solved by OhKenzie,
7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Check your link speed, is it negotiating to to 100 Meg or 1gig?

image.png.7803117d4b48538abfb7038e6c103c98.png

Up to Gigabit, but fortunately I have fixed the problem! I went to other threads on another forum site and saw some pre installed Internet boosters that manufacturers have and low and behold, I had one aswell. was called cFosSpeed or something like that, but thank you sincerely both for the help!

Gosh I wish manufacturers would stop pre installing garbage like this. *sigh*

Hello. I've recently built a new PC with brand new parts and I've run into a problem. I've noticed that only on this PC, my upload is only nearing 10 Mbps while my download is around 100 Mbps. Now, this is where the problem lies. My other PC did around 300 Mbps up and down together with ease, so I'm having a bit of a head scratcher cause I just can't seem to find out why.

Things I've done:
Updated all MOBO drivers (Including Network)
Turned off metered connection
Made sure the Speed and Duplex setting in Device Manager was set to my 2.5 Gbps
Made sure it wasn't the router other device being affected.

I'm wired directly to an extender. I've also got AT&T Fiber, but while the extender is obviously not going to reach the full Gigabit, It should be giving me 300-500Mbps like usual.

Specs (If anyone needs it)
MSI Z490-A Pro 1200 LGA
Intel 10700k
32 GBs of 3200 MHz of RAM
2080 FE
750W 80+ Gold

Any and all help is truly appreciated, I'm really stumped as I was going to begin streaming as this PC can now handle it. Thank you!

Is your network set to private or public?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Is your network set to private or public?

It's set to private

what kind of extender is it?  Can you plug A: new comp onto router direct and test?  B: Plug different device into extender and test?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

what kind of extender is it?  Can you plug A: new comp onto router direct and test?  B: Plug different device into extender and test?

It's an AirTies Model 4920 provided by the ISP. I'll plug in my laptop and check out the connection quickly. I'll reply again with the results

3 minutes ago, OhKenzie said:

AirTies Model 4920

This model looks like it picks up the wifi from the access point then offers it through the lan ports on the back.  If it's close to the computer you'd probably do better just using wifi on the computer direct.  Failing that, you could use a plug extender instead

9 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Results were around 100 Mbps up and down. Tested 3 times and it was relatively the same.

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

This model looks like it picks up the wifi from the access point then offers it through the lan ports on the back.  If it's close to the computer you'd probably do better just using wifi on the computer direct.  Failing that, you could use a plug extender instead

I'll try it out and see how it works.

This Motherboard does not offer WiFi.

1 minute ago, OhKenzie said:

This Motherboard does not offer WiFi.

What does the laptop get where your compter is?

Edit:

On wifi I mean

What does the laptop get where your compter is?

Edit:

On wifi I mean

Ah I see, I'll test that on the laptop. But wired directly into the Extender, I get 100 Mbps up and down.

Edit:
The results for the WiFi test were 30 Mbps up and down.

1 minute ago, OhKenzie said:

Ah I see, I'll test that on the laptop. But wired directly into the Extender, I get 100 Mbps up and down.

I'd say it was the extender then NOT your PC

https://www.amazon.com/Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter-Extender-TP-Link/dp/B084CZMYNM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=38EUH2P06313H&dchild=1&keywords=powerline+ethernet+adapter&qid=1627519109&sprefix=powerline%2Caps%2C246&sr=8-4

That may help

Now test the laptop plugged in to the access point directly

Just now, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Now test the laptop plugged in to the access point directly

It's 100 Mbps up and down directly connected into the extender. I don't think it's the extender since it's producing the speeds I want on the laptop and I didn't have any problems on the old pc with it.

48 minutes ago, OhKenzie said:

My other PC did around 300 Mbps up and down together with ease

how are you getting the speeds you want on the laptop?

is it a 100Mbps ether on the lappy?

5 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

how are you getting the speeds you want on the laptop?

is it a 100Mbps ether on the lappy?

Yes, 100 Mbps on the laptop with Ethernet. The speeds being received on the laptop are far superior than the ones being received on my new PC, which is the problem that I need help with. My old PC (which isn't the laptop) received 300 Mbps up and down. Laptop caps at 100 Mbps but it would be getting 300 Mbps if it had Gigabit capability.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Up to Gigabit, but fortunately I have fixed the problem! I went to other threads on another forum site and saw some pre installed Internet boosters that manufacturers have and low and behold, I had one aswell. was called cFosSpeed or something like that, but thank you sincerely both for the help!

Gosh I wish manufacturers would stop pre installing garbage like this. *sigh*