Help with motherboard and new 2nd hand GPU

Well, before starting, my specs are:

Mobo Biostar n68s3+ 6.x

Athlon ii x2 250 3.00GHz

Generic 4gb ram (works well)

PSU (new) Be Quiet! U9 500w 80 plus Bronze

SSD (new) 240GB BX500 Crucial

HDD WD BLUE 500gb

Two weeks ago I started my pc and it gone into blackscreen, so I suspected from the GPU (EVGA GT210 512MB DDR2) and changed the generic PSU too only because I had the money and wanted to secure my system. I bought a 2nd hand GPU (XFX HD 6850 Dual Fan)

The GPU didn't worked so I assumed I bought a broken GPU 

A couple days ago I installed the GT 210 in a older system and it worked! I started getting confused

After days getting nothing from my actual system, i cleaned the PCIE X16 and enabled both onboard graphics (from the Mobo) and the pcie graphics the GT 210 started working on that system again! I had to use the multiple monitor option to see that it was working again. Then I disabled the onboard graphics, get into windows and it kept working.

The problem started when I tried to uninstall the Nvidia drivers and install the AMD drivers to get the hd 6850 to work

I used only and ONLY the onboard graphics (without the AMD GPU installed) to install the AMD drivers and it worked (weeks ago when I tried I got blackscreen when using onboard graphics and no GPU installed, I don't know why)

Then, I plugged the GPU and the 6pin but kept the VGA cable on the motherboard

Loads windows, selected windows partition, and got blackscreen (maybe a resolution problem caused by the GPU installed?)

Plugged the HDMI (ps: I'm using an adapter because my monitor is VGA-only) into the HD6850 and nothing too. I think the GPU doesn't like to have both graphical settings on, so I got into de BIOS and switched to only PCIE EXPRESS

Boot, and I even get no windows screen, no selection of partition of windows, no nothing, plus: my keyboard and mouse go off, and the monitor gets a signal but is a Blackscreen only. A few seconds later the monitor does a little light-up thing but is only a black little-less-black, then an more intense blackscreen

The drivers I've been using for AMD are Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 WHQL

And Radeon Software Crimson Beta Edition Crimson Edition 16.2.1

I'm using Windows 10 64bits

I don't know what to do next, I tried troubleshooting all the night, if I've forgotten something to add just ask. Thanks in advance for reading!

You should NOT install the drivers without the GPU installed. That is a relic of the past. Modern driver installers look for specific hardware IDs and will not install software if they don't detect compatible hardware. Pull your GPU since you're currently having issues and run off your integrated graphics only. Run DDU to remove any leftover driver garbage, then reinstall your HD6850, and run the driver installer.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

1 hour ago, Kid.Lazer said:

You should NOT install the drivers without the GPU installed. That is a relic of the past. Modern driver installers look for specific hardware IDs and will not install software if they don't detect compatible hardware. Pull your GPU since you're currently having issues and run off your integrated graphics only. Run DDU to remove any leftover driver garbage, then reinstall your HD6850, and run the driver installer.

Hi, thanks for replying. I didn't know that it's obligatory to have the gpu connected, so I did the clean uninstall with DDU and run the driver (Crimson one, not Catalyst) installer, and my onboard graphics went in diagonal lines, and no signal from the GPU, I guess is a resolution problem from the drivers getting installed?

Edited by Dutsiland

Do you have any HDMI monitors or tvs that you can connect even for a brief moment to make sure it's not a conflict with your VGA adapter and a resolution incompatibility?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

47 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Do you have any HDMI monitors or tvs that you can connect even for a brief moment to make sure it's not a conflict with your VGA adapter and a resolution incompatibility?

I just tried this, with Catalyst drivers installed. Enabled both graphic settings from bios and plug the vga from MoBo to the VGA monitor and the HDMI GPU to a TV that I have. The VGA monitor went blackscreen as it did previously, then the TV displayed red and pink lines, before when I was using the adapter there was just no signal, now the signal are the red and pink lines (and just noticed there's power in the keyboard, the mouse still have power, before both run out of power) now after ten (10) minutes the PC restarted itself and gave me BSoD.

Where did you get your HD6850, and how much did it cost? Almost sounds like it has some sort of hardware problem.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

1 minute ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Where did you get your HD6850, and how much did it cost? Almost sounds like it has some sort of hardware problem.

From Marketplace in Facebook, at 6.500 Argentine Peso (around $45) and yes I know it's a possibility that the person selled me a broken gpu, but I wanted to discard any other possibilities before