Bsod, when computer under stress

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

That motherboard has a very poor VRM. It will output 125W but it will cause the VRM to run at over 100 degrees C and then throttle or crash.

You will fry your board at some point with that CPU. You'll need a high end AM3+ board to properly run an FX8300 or FX9500 CPU or a LOT

of cold constant airflow directly on the VRM.

pc specs:

- Amd fx-8320

- Gtx 560 ti windforce 

- Corsair  8gb ram in dual channel

- Gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2 mobo

- Seventeam 620W psu

- 1x Pny cs900 120gb ssd, this where the OS is installed

- 1x Seagate 1tb hd

-Windows 10 x64

(i bought it used, and didnt reinstall windows so i dont know how old the installation is)

So i'm having this bsod when playing games and under heavy loads, for example it happens when i run cinebench r23.

it shows the stop code: whea uncorrectable error

I thought it as the gpu overheating as one of its fans are not working properly( already purchased a new one waiting for it to arrive), but it sometimes happens with the gpu cold.

so idk, could it be the PSU, failling to give enough power for my parts.

it showed some artifacts twice in the screen, and the second time it freezed with a bunch of red and white artifacts(but i think this was because of the gpu overheat)

i already followed a bunch of tutorials of troubleshooting this problem and it seems that is not a problem with software or OS, but i'm willing to try to reinstall windows. 

please help, i bought it last week and i can't really play with it because i keep corrupting my save files. 

here are my dump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDZg6tpJYshMR9uyrx90A4-SNlHMvcvE/view?usp=sharing

Whea uncorrectable is usually from a faulty Overclock of the CPU and/or Memory. 

Since your GPU is so old, it may be worth getting fresh thermal pads and paste on it as they're likely dried up unless you have done this previously. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Whea uncorrectable is usually from a faulty Overclock of the CPU and/or Memory. 

Since your GPU is so old, it may be worth getting fresh thermal pads and paste on it as they're likely dried up unless you have done this previously. 

I bought new thermal pads and paste together with the new cooler, but i have no idea if there is any overclock and how to disable it

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

what speed are you trying to run your RAM at? 

thinking about it just now, when i bought the cpu the guy said the ram was overclocked to 2000mhz

1 minute ago, JakeGamer02 said:

thinking about it just now, when i bought the cpu the guy said the ram was overclocked to 2000mhz

if you dont mind me asking, and you dont have to answer:

what country:

and how much was it:

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

if you dont mind me asking, and you dont have to answer:

what country:

and how much was it:

Brasil

R$ 1450.00

FX processors are a bad value proposition compared to intel of the same era, AMD's bulldozer architecture was very inefficient and meh overall. compared to a similar product like an i7-3770, the intel chip ran circles around it in single threaded performance, and the only really good quality from the FX8*** was that the 8350 was a super overclocker and until relatively recently held the world record at something like 8.2Ghz under LN2.

It wasn't until ZEN that AMD became a contender again.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

FX processors are a bad value proposition compared to intel of the same era, AMD's bulldozer architecture was very inefficient and meh overall. compared to a similar product like an i7-3770, the intel chip ran circles around it in single threaded performance, and the only really good quality from the FX8*** was that the 8350 was a super overclocker and until relatively recently held the world record at something like 8.2Ghz under LN2.

It wasn't until ZEN that AMD became a contender again.

yeah, i kind new that from the start, but it was the processor i was able to get. and it should work fine for me

Just now, JakeGamer02 said:

yeah, i kind new that from the start, but it was the processor i was able to get. and it should work fine for me

yeah, it really sucks these days.... I count my blessings that I built my system right before it all hit the fan...... the same system was "worth" just over 2x as much as I got it for when it was at its worst.

Just now, BiotechBen said:

yeah, it really sucks these days.... I count my blessings that I built my system right before it all hit the fan...... the same system was "worth" just over 2x as much as I got it for when it was at its worst.

rough times

so i was looking into my mobo cpu support list and my cpu isn't there image.png.9578736c6324efc4eda83a8d274c3195.png 

1 minute ago, JakeGamer02 said:

so i was looking into my mobo cpu support list and my cpu isn't there image.png.9578736c6324efc4eda83a8d274c3195.png 

so apparently my cpu needs 125W, and my mobo only outputs 95W

That motherboard has a very poor VRM. It will output 125W but it will cause the VRM to run at over 100 degrees C and then throttle or crash.

You will fry your board at some point with that CPU. You'll need a high end AM3+ board to properly run an FX8300 or FX9500 CPU or a LOT

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

hey i just read your post, do u by chance have a reddit ? if so you should post up that u just bought a pc to game on and basically got ripped off, im sure theres people that have either a spare motherboard or processor that would help you out so u can get back to gaming

8 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

i just underclocked my cpu do you think this will work as a temporary solution?

8 hours ago, WickedJester said:

hey i just read your post, do u by chance have a reddit ? if so you should post up that u just bought a pc to game on and basically got ripped off, im sure theres people that have either a spare motherboard or processor that would help you out so u can get back to gaming

i do, but in what community should i post it ?

sorry in pcmasterrace,  just be honest and explain that u just payed 1450 for what u got and your wondering maybe if someone in your area could help u out with a new cpu or motherboard, theres lots of people that have components that they no longer use and would be willing to help you out