What 1000W PSU is considered better than Seasonic PX-1000 ?

Scania556

As title,

My friend is building a new PC, and he wants to buy my current PSU. I thought it might be a good opportunity to upgrade my PSU, so I agreed to sell it to him.

I know Corsair HX is better than PX-1000, at least that's what I heard, but Corsair RMA process sucks in my country (according to the local forum anyway), so Corsair is not in my consideration.

What about Dark power Pro 12 1200W? Is it better than Seasonic PX-1000?

2 minutes ago, Scania556 said:

As title,

My friend is building a new PC, and he wants to buy my current PSU. I thought it might be a good opportunity to upgrade my PSU, so I agreed to sell it to him.

I know Corsair HX is better than PX-1000, at least that's what I heard, but Corsair RMA process sucks in my country (according to the local forum anyway), so Corsair is not in my consideration.

What about Dark power Pro 12 1200W? Is it better than Seasonic PX-1000?

What is "your country"?

If "Scania" means you're in Sweden, I'm not sure how having an RMA center right across the North Sea in the Netherlands "sucks".

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

What is "your country"?

If "Scania" means you're in Sweden, I'm not sure how having an RMA center right across the North Sea in the Netherlands "sucks".

Taiwan, actually.

Basically, A guy RMA'ed his RM650i, and the distributor (agent?) told him that the PSU is EOL, so the only replacement they can give him was RMx.

The guy was upset, because the warranty guide clearly stated that replacement will be of same function and equal or greater value.

So he wanted to RMA the PSU directly to Cosair (skipping the agent), but Corsair emailed back and told him to RMA the PSU through agent.

In the end, a representative from Corsair contacted him thru phone. The guy got RM750i in the end.

The process took a lot of time, so understandably he was upset.

4 minutes ago, Scania556 said:

Taiwan, actually.

Basically, A guy RMA'ed his RM650i, and the distributor (agent?) told him that the PSU is EOL, so the only replacement they can give him was RMx.

The guy was upset, because the warranty guide clearly stated that replacement will be same function and equal or greater value.

So he wanted to RMA the PSU directly to Cosair (skipping the agent), but Corsair emailed back and told him to RMA the PSU through agent.

In the end, a representative from Corsair contacted him thru phone. The guy got RM750i in the end.

The process took a lot of time, so understandably he was upset.

Wait... Why did he go through the distributor instead of Corsair in the first place?!?!  They LITERALLY have an RMA center in Taoyuan!!!

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Wait... Why did he go through the distributor instead of Corsair in the first place?!?!  They LITERALLY have an RMA center in Taoyuan!!!

Most people here actually prefer RMA through distributor.

He did change his mind and wanted to RMA the PSU directly to Corsair, but he was told to RMA through distributor.

1 minute ago, Scania556 said:

Most people here actually prefer RMA through distributor.

He did change his mind and wanted to RMA the PSU directly to Corsair, but he was told to RMA through distributor.

That doesn't make sense.  The warranty, 10 year, etc., it THROUGH Corsair.  The "distributor" is just a distributor.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

That doesn't make sense.  The warranty, 10 year, etc., it THROUGH Corsair.  The "distributor" is just a distributor.

It is weird i know.

3MxdMbM.thumb.jpeg.73f9cc65cd1e20fdb6aa0c3b85f515c1.jpeg

This is the email he got from Corsair.

1 hour ago, Scania556 said:

It is weird i know.

https://imgur.com/3MxdMbM

This the email he got from Corsair.

That's very strange. I've never seen a response like that.

I mean.... Corsair's offices are bigger in Taiwan than any other region.  The PSU should have gone to:

Corsair Memory, Ltd Attn: RMA Department 5F-1, No. 5 Hangsuang Road Dayuan, Taoyuan County 33747, Taiwan

I wonder if he got some noob tech support guy based in U.S. or Philippines or something.