No USB power after shutdown, pls help

Go to solution Solved by Hygel,

The board most likely just doesn't support it. HP (along with most other OEMs) are known for skimping out on boards and other parts that they think people won't notice, which leaves you with a surprising lack of features. I looked into the board for a few minutes and it looks like a pretty barebones one that they just picked out because it was cheap, so it likely doesn't have some of the features that you may consider standard. You can try contacting support to ask them if there's some secret way of doing it that is nowhere to be found on the internet but they're also known for abysmal customer service so that may not take you anywhere. 

Hello, due to the GPU crisis I recently bought an HP prebuilt. It's a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1306ng.

It had a lot of issues but most are now resolved, I just can't get the system to charge the usb ports when its shut off, nor can I find any information if the motherboard doesn't support it. So I'm asking for any help or information. The motherboard is Baker Rev A M11, SSID 8767, the bios version is F.31. I tried all the fixes online I could find, I don't have any options for it in the bios or the hp omen gaming hub, outside of the windows "USB selective suspend setting" (which doesn't do anything).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. DO NOT EVER. BUY THIS PIECE OF SH*T. Thermals are abysmal, software extremely limiting and that's just the start.

The board most likely just doesn't support it. HP (along with most other OEMs) are known for skimping out on boards and other parts that they think people won't notice, which leaves you with a surprising lack of features. I looked into the board for a few minutes and it looks like a pretty barebones one that they just picked out because it was cheap, so it likely doesn't have some of the features that you may consider standard. You can try contacting support to ask them if there's some secret way of doing it that is nowhere to be found on the internet but they're also known for abysmal customer service so that may not take you anywhere.