Help

Help,

I am looking to upgrade my Peripherals.

I need a headset, mouse, and keyboard, I'm not set on price but probably under $350-$375

I would like peripherals for general purposes, I play all types of games and I do lots of typing and editing.

I have been looking at the Logitech G series products (G930, G600, G700s, G710+), and the corsair m65. I also do not like cherry mx blue switches 

I know I'm being quite broad, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Logitech have a new series of gaming mice and their stuff is reliable. Personally I bought a razor mamba but it was a silly self-indulgence (although no complaints, works like a dream)

mice... I'd go mechanical. As to what, not sure as I am not very knowledgeable there, but there will be a tonne of peeps who are coming soon :)

Headphones, Steelseries 5h or 7h (7h is better). They are relatively cheap and very good quality

Oh and linus has reviewed almost all these products so watch his unboxings so you can make your own mind up after all the advice

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I could give alot more advice but since I'm lazy and in the middle of a game I'll just say to make sure you get a good stereo headset. 5.1 and 7.1 headsets physically don't work that well so you are better off with a nice set of stereo ones with huge drivers.

i would get razer peripherals they seem good. also when i first glanced at your name i thought it said Canadian nutella :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I had a Logitech G5, now have a G500 and LOVE the hell out of both of them. They are amazing. Couldn't use my computer without it. Also just recently got a G710+ after having a G15, best decision I have ever made. I really like the mx Browns (my roomate got a K90 with reds and I don't like them as much). I actually just wrote a user review about my G710+, but I really do love the browns.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13571-logitech-g710/

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I'm using the new Corsair K70.  Great keyboard and love the custom LED light features.  Well built and simplistic design.  It also looks great sitting next to the M65.

Headsets take a look at sennheiser offering.  Sennheiser makes really good headsets, but you pay for it.  Your going to blow your budge up if you get them.

Dont buy the G930.. I've had some problems with mine like you only hear sound on the right ear until you restart the logitech software

For a headset, you might consider a Roccat Vire. It's designed like a smartphone headset - open ear with an inline mic. I find the sound quality to be more than adequate for games, and not bad for music (with the right EQ). The mic performance can vary depending upon the actual position it ends up in, but I haven't had any complaints from other gamers as far as noise or voice quality is concerned, although there are better mics, of course.

Btw - the cord is equipped with a 3-way 1/8" plug like is used on a smartphone, but it comes with adapters for use on systems with separate headphone and mic jacks.

(Also, btw, for some reason - probably impedance - it won't work with my Sony phone, but that's not what I bought it for anyway.)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Wow! thanks for all the responses guys. I'm new on the forum and I am pleasantly surprised with the community's knowledge and helpfulness 

keep it up!   

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

elitekeyboards have some pretty nice keyboards, ~$100 for any cherry mx they offer

not an expert on mice

Forget the headset and get standalone headphone and mic

beyerdynamic DT770, shure srh-840, audiotechnica ad-700, sennheiser HD558

something like a $10 zalman clip on mic or a $30 modmic should do fine.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Steelseries Siberia V2's are really comfortable. Sound quality is great. I haven't tried the 7h's, but I am very pleased with the Siberia's.

SteelSeries 7H, G710+ and the M65 would be a good bundle. I like the G710+ because of its Cherry MX Brown switches and its O-Rings that are included with it to avoid your keys from bottoming out. This keyboard has white backlight. The M65 is a nice mouse because it has a sniper button to lower dpi and it feels very solid. I recommend the 7H because Linus recommends them. The software for the Logitech keyboard and the Corsair mouse is very good imo :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thanks mgsstar, I think i'm going to follow your recommendations, in fact I just picked up the Logitech g 710+ and it is great. It feels very sturdy, it has a very handy volume wheel and I love the cherry mx brown switches with the o-rings. I am planing to order the rest of the components later.   

The G500 is pretty baller tho. Best mouse ever imo! 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Thanks mgsstar, I think i'm going to follow your recommendations, in fact I just picked up the Logitech g 710+ and it is great. It feels very sturdy, it has a very handy volume wheel and I love the cherry mx brown switches with the o-rings. I am planing to order the rest of the components later.   

Yea the software is also very nice imo. Just curious, how bright did you set your backlight? I set mine at 50% because the backlight is so bright at 100%. Glad my recommendations helped you. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

When I'm gaming I keep WASD at 100 and the rest at 25, but for general use I keep it at 25 or 50. When playing in the dark it's blinding at 100