Logitech G710+

I recently got a G710+ to replace my not really old G15. I watched a few Tech Tips vids about how Linus and Slick love them, and I wasn't really sold. I actually told my roommate about mechanical keyboards and he went and got a Corsair K90. Once I tried it, G710+ was on its way. I didn't love the K90's red keys, but I figured browns in the 710+ would be pretty solid for my use (lots of typing and gaming), as well as the o-rings to help kill a little bit of noise. This keyboard is one of the best peripherals I have purchased. They way I describe it to people that LOVE their gaming mice and just can't use anything else, its the same thing. Personally I LOVE my G500 mouse, and if it just died one day, and I knew it was dead, it would take me about 20 seconds to go order a new one. No question asked. At this point, that is how I feel about a mechanical keyboard.

The Logitech might not be the best, and im sure a lot of purists would say I got a "crappy" keyboard, but I really use the macro keys on a daily basis for opening up programs and inputting user credentials or launching shortcuts right when the program opens, and with macro keys you can create macros to do that all for you. For me, coming from using them on my G15, it was a must have feature. Also, volume controls are a great addition that some keyboards just don't have.

Overall, I really love the keyboard. The feel of it is amazing, the built quality is excellent, and really mechanical switches are something hard to stray away from once you have tried them. When I use my Macbook or a campus computer, I almost can't stand typing.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I'm using the G710+ now. It's amazing. I find myself just staring at the keys sometimes.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I too love my G710+ i feel like just typing things that don't even need to be said.

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

The G710+ is a very awesome keyboard. I love the software that Logitech has included and the bright white backlight. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Does anyone know if they fixed the lighting issues? Seems like you all haven't had any problems but when they where first released it seemed like everyone was loosing lights. I was going to buy it but that stopped me.

My Rig:

Cooler Master Storm Trooper -  Asus Sabertooth Z77 -  I5 3570K @ 4.5 Ghz - Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD - A few random HDDs from old laptops - Hyper 212+ - EVGA GTX 680 4GB - 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 - SeaSonic 750 Watt Gold PSU - Three 24'', one 19'', 15'' and 13'' monitors

Does anyone know if they fixed the lighting issues? Seems like you all haven't had any problems but when they where first released it seemed like everyone was loosing lights. I was going to buy it but that stopped me.

I dunno but I have no problems so far. :)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Nope I am not getting any backlight issues. Got this like a month before so I think this issue is fixed. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Seems perfect for me thus far. Had it close to a month now and no issues.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

I am interested how much it is in the states... here in Australia it retails for about $225... it does seem a little over priced but i havent heard any issues about it yet.

I recently got a G710+ to replace my not really old G15. I watched a few Tech Tips vids about how Linus and Slick love them, and I wasn't really sold. I actually told my roommate about mechanical keyboards and he went and got a Corsair K90. Once I tried it, G710+ was on its way. I didn't love the K90's red keys, but I figured browns in the 710+ would be pretty solid for my use (lots of typing and gaming), as well as the o-rings to help kill a little bit of noise. This keyboard is one of the best peripherals I have purchased. They way I describe it to people that LOVE their gaming mice and just can't use anything else, its the same thing. Personally I LOVE my G500 mouse, and if it just died one day, and I knew it was dead, it would take me about 20 seconds to go order a new one. No question asked. At this point, that is how I feel about a mechanical keyboard.

The Logitech might not be the best, and im sure a lot of purists would say I got a "crappy" keyboard, but I really use the macro keys on a daily basis for opening up programs and inputting user credentials or launching shortcuts right when the program opens, and with macro keys you can create macros to do that all for you. For me, coming from using them on my G15, it was a must have feature. Also, volume controls are a great addition that some keyboards just don't have.

Overall, I really love the keyboard. The feel of it is amazing, the built quality is excellent, and really mechanical switches are something hard to stray away from once you have tried them. When I use my Macbook or a campus computer, I almost can't stand typing.

Good to see another person with a mechanical keyboard.

i cant wait to get one, sadly its out of the budget at the moment but my steelseries merc stealth is getting me by.. sorta

I am interested how much it is in the states... here in Australia it retails for about $225... it does seem a little over priced but i havent heard any issues about it yet.

I got mine for about $115 shipped from Amazon. 

I can't comment with regards to price elsewhere, but here in my neck of the woods, a Logitech G710+ cost a little more than a Ducky Shine II, as well as a Filco MJ2/MJ Ninja. Now, to me, it makes either a Ducky Shine II or the Filco MJ2/Ninja the obvious choice for mech KB. I have nothing against Logitech, love my G15 v1.0 which has been mothballed and is nicely boxed up and in my storeroom. I've just checked with newegg, a G710+ is going for a discounted price of about 120USD, the DS II is in the 150USD region, so does it not make sense for peeps in my neck of the woods to go for a DS II instead of a G710+? Totally stupid pricing here, the local distributer is pricing itself out of the market, sure there are buyers, but the savvier ones would go for either a DS II or a Majestouch II. 

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2