Linux music streamer/server app

Hi,

Here is my goal: I want to use my Linux pc as a music streamer. 

I have a usb dac connected to my pc, and i want to use my android phone to play music stored on the PC. (So, I would have an android app which would show my library and I could start a playback from that app (in original quality))

How could I achieve this? And also it would be nice if I could cast Spotify to it.

Thank you for the answers

The first use case can be solved with a piece of software called Plex Media Server and the phone app that goes along with it. The second use case can be solved with either spotifycli or with the regular spotify client on linux

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How could I use Plex in this context?

I don't want to play my music on the android phone. I want to use my phone to start the playback ON the pc.

5 hours ago, drRodneyMcKay said:

How could I use Plex in this context?

I don't want to play my music on the android phone. I want to use my phone to start the playback ON the pc.

Install plex media player and add your music to your library. Then on the linux pc open an instance of plex in a browser and then you're free to leave it. Go on your phone to the plex app and hit the chromecast icon and your pc will be there as an option to control

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)