letters on gpu dye

dead gamer

TU106 is the chip being used, in this case Turing. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/nvidia-tu106.g875

I'm unsure about the 184 / P61 numbers however off the top of my head

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Taking it line by line.

NVIDIA - Telling you who made/designed it

S TAIWAN 1841A1 - Not exactly sure what this means, but it likely says where/when this was made.

P61B53.0A4     e1 - Again, not exactly sure what this means. Perhaps a batch ID?
TU106-200A-KA-A1 - Chip revision ID Number, lets you identify what chip (and thus GPU) you have

elephants

The top row of markings is the production run and order, usually a few variants across each generation of gpu depending on if a die is used for multiple cards.

The middle row is a batch number, it’s manufacturing tracking so if down the line like 3000 of these cards all have the same problem, they can reference a specific time and batch produced with similar batch codes.

The bottom row in thicker lettering is the specific die model name from nvidia.

55 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Taking it line by line.

NVIDIA - Telling you who made/designed it

S TAIWAN 1841A1 - Not exactly sure what this means, but it likely says where/when this was made.

P61B53.0A4     e1 - Again, not exactly sure what this means. Perhaps a batch ID?
TU106-200A-KA-A1 - Chip revision ID Number, lets you identify what chip (and thus GPU) you have

thanks

27 minutes ago, 8tg said:

The top row of markings is the production run and order, usually a few variants across each generation of gpu depending on if a die is used for multiple cards.

The middle row is a batch number, it’s manufacturing tracking so if down the line like 3000 of these cards all have the same problem, they can reference a specific time and batch produced with similar batch codes.

The bottom row in thicker lettering is the specific die model name from nvidia.

thanks