5900X/6900 XT AMD Dream Build :)

gal-m

Wanted to share my dream PC and setup featuring聽predominately AMD components. I honestly never thought I'd be switching from Intel/Nvidia to AMD/AMD, however AMD has been killing it recently which made me fall in love with the brand itself. I must say I've been having a LOT of fun with this machine!

Have been slowly gathering components since November of 2020 and finally finished with my purchases in May this year. I have been聽quite busy with work so I decided to leave everything in it's packaging until the right time for me to start building, which was about two weeks ago 馃檪.聽The physical build itself went extremely smoothly with little to no (precautionary)聽hiccups, however I did have quite a big scare and some聽issues聽in reference to聽setting up the lighting effects... Regardless of the issues I'm finally satisfied with how everything turned out!

Here are the specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (4X8), DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C18Q-32GTZN)
  • GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT SE
  • Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, M.2
  • PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM1000x 1000W
  • Display: LG UltraGear 27GN850-B, 27"
  • Cooling:

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - AIO: Arctic liquid Freezer II 360

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Ventilation: 9X Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB

• Keyboard: Logitech G513 carbon, GX-BLUE
  • Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero, USB
  • Sound:

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Headphones: Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee, V-MODA Crossfade M-100

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Studio Monitors: Adam Audio T7V

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Microphone: Marantz MPM-1000

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - DAC: Grace Design Standard DAC

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Headphone Amplifier: Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid (CTH)

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Audio Interface: MOTU M2

And here are some photographs of the setup and build 馃檪

*the side panel has been removed to ensure better photograph聽quality without reflections

*I know some of you might suggest that the table "might be killing the vibe" with it's extreme orangyness, however I've had this table since forever as it's a custom made oak table - it's built like a tank and I just know I wouldn't be getting the same type of quality from somewhere like IKEA

IMG_1785.thumb.jpg.9972f887f9917ccdfc9a004fdf208aac.jpg

IMG_1782.thumb.jpg.bb4c3b6d2d444bae5037866f195a13dc.jpg

you went really "ballsy" on this setup, but no offense this is great... congrats on managing to get a聽6900xt (I hope you did at msrp or reasonable price).
also great AIO Choice, i think I would choose this one too because of the mini fan that from what I rememebr at gamernexus, was specifcally meant聽for vrm cooling but idk if I would count on that but if it actually does then yeah but I regardless stick with my statement...

Edited by GorujoCY

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

20 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

you went really "ballsy" on this setup, but no offense this is great... congrats on managing to get a聽6900xt (I hope you did at msrp or reasonable price).
also great AIO Choice, i think I would choose this one too because of the mini fan that from what I rememebr at gamernexus, was specifcally meant聽for vrm cooling but idk if I would count on that but if it actually does then yeah but I regardless stick with my statement...

Thanks @GorujoCY! yeah I decided to really make sure everything also looked good to my taste 馃檪

The AIO is fantastic! Yep, GN mentioned and tested the little VRM fan. It doesn't produce any audible noise and actually manages to reduce VRM temps quite significantly! At first GN thought it was a gimmick, however later testing revealed it actually made a difference. It probably won't make any noticeable聽difference in reference to better performance when聽overlocking聽if you've got decent airflow inside your case, but you know what we say: cooler = better anyways, so it's a win/win situation. To my surprise I also really like the look of this AIO with it's thick tubing and thick radiator! When installed it actually looks quite聽beefy and higher quality than it's price would suggest.

Managed to get the RX 6900 XT for quite a reasonable聽price at the time when the shortages were the worst as it was certainty聽MUCH cheaper than something like an RTX 3090, which would have been anywhere from 1000-1500 EUR more expensive.. The 6900 XT is a wonderful聽card anyways, very quiet too! The only feature I will miss is DLSS, however FSR isn't looking too bad either.. not that I'd need something like that at this moment 馃檪

This PC is the equivalent of bringing a tank in the American Civil War.聽

On 7/25/2021 at 1:38 PM, gal-m said:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (4X8), DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C18Q-32GTZN)
  • GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT SE
  • Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, M.2
  • PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM1000x 1000W
  • Display: LG UltraGear 27GN850-B, 27"
  • Cooling:

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - AIO: Arctic liquid Freezer II 360

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 - Ventilation: 9X Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB

On 7/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, Ispenttoomuchonpcparts said:

This PC is the equivalent of bringing a tank in the American Civil War

Hahaha I guess you could say it's up there with some of the best as far as consumer level hardware is concerned @Ispenttoomuchonpcparts馃檪

Looks nice, congrats on the build!

LeonidasSpecs:聽Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black聽| MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz聽 4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

MaximusSpecs:聽Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

On 8/1/2021 at 11:38 PM, GreatnessRD said:

Looks nice, congrats on the build!

Sorry for the late reply and thanks @GreatnessRD! I appreciate it!

Have been enjoying it a LOT!