Connecting PSU to rx 6800 xt instead of 1080ti

Rijsberman

Hi all! I remember a while ago there was all this talk about that the 3080 has a different connector for power than the last gen etc. Now does the 6800xt reference also has that? 

I currently have a 1080ti, can i Just take it out and plug the 6800xt in, or do I need a different cable? Now it is like a chain, not two different psu cables going to my gpu. It's a tx650m or something from corsair. 

The 6800XT uses the standard 8 pin PCIe power connector design. Nvidia's 12pin cards came with included adapter cable to use with the standard PCIe power connectors.

1 minute ago, Rijsberman said:

I currently have a 1080ti, can i Just take it out and plug the 6800xt in

Yes.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

28 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The 6800XT uses the standard 8 pin PCIe power connector design. Nvidia's 12pin cards came with included adapter cable to use with the standard PCIe power connectors.

Yes.

Thanks for the reply! Nice! I Will be getting it the coming week then 🙂