Help me find the right headphone!

So currently i have an ATH M50, they are very good sounding but that soundstage though.....ehm not the best, i mainly play BF4, its REALLY hard to spot enemy footsteps.
now im searching what's the best headphone for me.

what i want/need :
- Budget 200$, can be raised if needed...
- GOOD/EXCELLENT soundstage.
- good overall sound for music, i kinda want it to be like my M50, no overpowered anything but can still identify each instrument when it plays.

- Closed back, open is not an option.
- Circumaural. if not then a supra aural is ok as long the ear pads are comfy and NOT like my M50's where it just squish my ears.
- lightweight
- immersive feeling?...

I'm currently looking at the Sennheiser HD 449, are these any good?
so yeah help and suggestions please!

also sorry for grammar, i'm kinda in a hurry typing this post.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

have you considered the steelseries h or 9h?

hellooooooooo

439 over the 449 because dat removable cable. However, the 400 series doesn't isolate sound despite being closed, and the build quality does leave something to be desired (still mo' bedda than skullcandy).

The CHC Silverados are on sale at the moment, and would be a very good option.

439 over the 449 because dat removable cable. However, the 400 series doesn't isolate sound despite being closed, and the build quality does leave something to be desired (still mo' bedda than skullcandy).

Congratz 7k :D

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Why 439 over 449? isn't the 449 better cuz of higher price point?

and what do you mean doesn't isolate sound? are they open back headphones? i don't really care about sound leaking if its just a little as long as its still closed back.

the build quality is fine for me.. i don't really want gimmicky headphones.

and that headphone you link... i don't really want them... kinda looks like and feels like my M50...

besides, i can go with a more better one with 200$ budget...?

So currently i have an ATH M50, they are very good sounding but that soundstage though.....ehm not the best, i mainly play BF4, its REALLY hard to spot enemy footsteps.

now im searching what's the best headphone for me.

what i want/need :

- Budget 200$, can be raised if needed...

- GOOD/EXCELLENT soundstage.

- good overall sound for music, i kinda want it to be like my M50, no overpowered anything but can still identify each instrument when it plays.

- Closed back, open is not an option.

- Circumaural. if not then a supra aural is ok as long the ear pads are comfy and NOT like my M50's where it just squish my ears.

- lightweight

- immersive feeling?...

I'm currently looking at the Sennheiser HD 449, are these any good?

so yeah help and suggestions please!

also sorry for grammar, i'm kinda in a hurry typing this post.

Closed back and good/excellent soundstage kinda contradicts each other.. no matter what you do, the sound stage on a closed back won't be as good as an open back because physics.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

and what do you mean doesn't isolate sound? are they open back headphones? i don't really care about sound leaking if its just a little as long as its still closed back.

and that headphone you link... i don't really want them... kinda looks like and feels like my M50...

Higher price doesn't mean better, good example is beats and skullcandy. The 439 has a removable cable and has 2 different lengths if I'm not wrong. It also has cloth type earpads which is better than fake leather IMO but your mileage might vary. Its a closed back design so nothing to worry about, it does not leak as much as open backed ones. The build quality is fine but it is all plastic so as long as you are careful and don't abuse them, it should be fine. 

Something else I recommend that I think most people in this forum won't like is Bose AE2. I don't own them but I have tried them on multiple occasions and they are quite good IMO. The headphones are small and portable, has metal parts on it unlike senns 439 and have angled drivers so even though that earcups are relatively small( compared to others) They don't touch your ear at all.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Closed back and good/excellent soundstage kinda contradicts each other.. no matter what you do, the sound stage on a closed back won't be as good as an open back because physics.

yes i know that, that's why i need suggestions... the best soundstage for closed back at that price point.

DT 770 or ATH-A700x/A900x

all of those aren't available... yes no beyerdynamics for me :/

-The 439 has a removable cable and the 449 does not. Since the cable is the biggest point of failure of a headphone, having a removable cable will help them last longer with replacement parts. 

-There are two aspects to a closed headphone 1) isolation = noise entering the headphone from outside and 2) leakage = noise produced by the headphone that can be heard by others. The driver of the 400 series is closed so there is no leakage, but the headphones do not isolate from outside noise.

-I wasn't talking about looks, I mean the construction of the headphones themselves isn't so great. Since your budget isn't so low, I would suggest you get something more durable.

-That's fine if you aren't impressed by the CHC, it was just a suggestion. Normally it is $200ish, and I did find it to be better than the M50, but again, whatever.

What do you think of the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Pioneer HDJ-1500? AKG K272? Shure SRH840? Mayflower's modded Fostex T50RP V1? NVX XPT100?

AGAIN??? SHOULD I PICK THESE UP?

But back to the question, DT770 have a pretty big soundstage for being closed.

-The 439 has a removable cable and the 449 does not. Since the cable is the biggest point of failure of a headphone, having a removable cable will help them last longer with replacement parts. 

-There are two aspects to a closed headphone 1) isolation = noise entering the headphone from outside and 2) leakage = noise produced by the headphone that can be heard by others. The driver of the 400 series is closed so there is no leakage, but the headphones do not isolate from outside noise.

-I wasn't talking about looks, I mean the construction of the headphones themselves isn't so great. Since your budget isn't so low, I would suggest you get something more durable.

-That's fine if you aren't impressed by the CHC, it was just a suggestion. Normally it is $200ish, and I did find it to be better than the M50, but again, whatever.

What do you think of the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros? Pioneer HDJ-1500? AKG K272? Shure SRH840? Mayflower's modded Fostex T50RP V1? NVX XPT100?

what's the difference between 439 and 449 besides the removable cable?

honestly i don't really care about the cables since i plug them into my pc and nowhere else.

also why does 449 has a more higher price point and have a higher model name? is the sound quality not that much different so instead you recommend me the 439?

I was also looking at the AKG K272 and Shure SRH840, but they are both overpriced. :(

the most affordable company in my area are either Sennheiser or Audio technica.

honestly i don't really care about the cables since i plug them into my pc and nowhere else.

also why does 449 has a more higher price point and have a higher model name? is the sound quality not that much different so instead you recommend me the 439?

I was also looking at the AKG K272 and Shure SRH840, but they are both overpriced. :(

The removeable cable is mostly for durability because the wire is always the weakest point and when it breaks, you can buy another cable instead of the whole headphone. 

Little difference in sound, especially compared to other headphones: http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=3741&graphID%5B1%5D=3751&graphID%5B2%5D=&graphID%5B3%5D=&scale=30&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph