Why won't it update doe :/

Hey Guys!

So I have a phone called Sony Xperia S. And back when Android 4.1 came out I tried to update but....no update found...you have all the latest things on your phone...

So I said ok. looks like my phone won't get an update to Jelly Bean, but just a couple days back I noticed that one of my classmates has the same phone..AND that she was running Android 4.1.2. while I'm stuck at 4.0.4. And it says on yhe Sony website that Sony Xperia S did get the update for 4.1.2.

I've tried contacting them but....No luck they just...don't really have anything usefull to say.

So guys, what should I do? (ohh and btw. my classemate also has the same operator as me...) Thanks for all your help!  :D

This can happen if they are two of the same phone but are different builds. While from outside every Xperia S phone looks the same the firmware installed differs even when they are the same Android version.

Go to settings, about device and check your build no. Search that on google and see if that specific build has an update.

For example Galaxy S3s with i9300xxella build number were not updated to 4.3.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Ugh... If I were you, I would just root and put a better JB or whatever rom on the phone...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Downlaod Sony PC Companion and try updating the phone from there??

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

Downlaod Sony PC Companion and try updating the phone from there??

yea I have that but it doesn't work :/

This can happen if they are two of the same phone but are different builds. While from outside every Xperia S phone looks the same the firmware installed differs even when they are the same Android version.

Go to settings, about device and check your build no. Search that on google and see if that specific build has an update.

For example Galaxy S3s with i9300xxella build number were not updated to 4.3.

So the number is 6.1.A.2.55 , and as far as I researched this is supposed to be Android 4.1.2 ...as far as I know... should I try putting my phone to factory setting...? PS. Thanks dude! :D

So the number is 6.1.A.2.55 , and as far as I researched this is supposed to be Android 4.1.2 ...as far as I know... should I try putting my phone to factory setting...? PS. Thanks dude! :D

A factory reset might do it. Might not.

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

If your phone does not update OTA and through the manufacturers computer software then you are going to have to do it yourself by manually installing it. But at that point you might as well install CyanogenMod.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.