DMG-01 Screen Replacment

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

You could try finding a non working DMG-01 to salvage the display from.

Looking for a legit OEM screen replacement knowing full well that it will be hard to find as the original screen is sodered to the PCB but would like to find a suitable replacement 

TBH, you'd be better off getting a modern screen replacement or at least find someone reputable who will do the work if you think it's beyond your skills unless you want to continually deal with the lack of back lighting (it's also highly likely that you won't be able to get an original GB display).

17 hours ago, demonix00 said:

TBH, you'd be better off getting a modern screen replacement or at least find someone reputable who will do the work if you think it's beyond your skills unless you want to continually deal with the lack of back lighting (it's also highly likely that you won't be able to get an original GB display).

im the type of person who like my consoles to be as OEM as possible the DMG-01 i remember since when i was in foster car in the early 2000's went to a garage sell and this guy gave me the Gameboy for free and that kept me occupied for weeks with Pokémon, and the SP is the second one i prefer the front lit version any day of the week as its more nostalgic and it don't bother me one day i will get an IPS display if i can obtain 2-3 more of the same console, and im comfortable with a sodering iron for the DMG-01 sucks you have to buy the whole PCB w/ screen on places like ebay

• 4 weeks later...

You could try finding a non working DMG-01 to salvage the display from.